just a heads up boys n girls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sideways, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I've officially hit..
    Rock bottom.

1.Lost my job.
    2.Car got repo'd .because of #1.
    3.Moved back home.
    4.Filing for bankruptcy tomorrow.

My pop says I can see it as a "new lease on life"
    I know my credit's gonna be fucked for a good long time.even though it wasn't the best but it also wasn't the worst.
    Just thought I'd let my TFW friends and fellow TF fans know..
    -Trying to keep my head up during this F'd up period of my life.
    -Dom.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    sorry to hear that man! but look at it this way the only way you have now is to go up!!

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Ill be praying for ya bud. Sorry to hear your news. how fast did all this happen

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Rumble02:It happened one right after another.
    started out :
    While working at my last job ( been there 3 1/2 yrs) I got a brand new Scion Tc.
    Two weeks AFTER i got the car, work started to slow down and layoff/firings started.
    Boss came up to me and basically said that the company didn't need me anymore..
    So they fired me..Fucked up huh?

Fast forward, I get a letter from Scion/Toyota saying that I'm late on payments(which i was ) and that they'll be repossessing said car.

Fast forward again ... my roommate comes over to me and says there's a flatbed truck outside.
    I go outside to see what's up.Deep down inside, I knew it was for me. He asks for Dominick. I said "That's me." He replies " I guess you know why Im here" SO he then loads up my car and whisks it away. That night, I drank myself into a depressed , drunken stupor.

Couple days later, Dad came over to see how I was doing.Told him everything. He said " You're coming home and we'll get everything situated." So I packed up and moved out. The roommates were totally cool with it. They later on moved too.
    Since this whole ordeal (among other issues) Ive been real depressed.

*Basically this all happened within the last 6 months.*
    But Im doing my best to think positive. Thanks Rumble.it means alot.

5. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope things get better. Don't lose hope.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with living with your parents while you save up money. I'm doing it after getting my masters and paying off my college loans.(Where most of my savings went) I'm currently teaching college, but it may take another year or more before I can save up enough to get out. (I could save up more if I quit buying figures....but I can't I'm addicted) I was at a dead end job for years before deciding to go back to college. This may be the time to take a look at your life and see what your options are, then pick a direction. Good luck.

7. Sideways

Sideways Banned

thanks Tekkaman.. I don't necessarily look at living with dad n stepmom as a bad thing. Im just gonna miss the sense of independence of living on my own.

Plus side: Pops says he'll help me get another car..

8. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Things will get better. Nice to hear you've got some loving parents helping you out.

9. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I feel your pain dude.

I bought a new car at the beginning of 07, life was going good. Great new job, making more money than I had before. By the end of 07, my wife lost her job, and I was forced to let the car go.

We moved into a nice home, and about 6 months later, we were forced to move, because our landlord foreclosed on the house.

Now, I work 2 jobs, because since I couldn't afford to make payments on my student loans for a while, they decided to take it directly out of my paycheck. They take 15% of my pay, there's times that we barely have enough money for food. If it wasn't for my wife's parent's helping us out, I'm not sure what we would do.

Now, we're trying to save up enough so that we can file bankruptcy ourselves.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    You have my condolences and support, man. Hope all works out in the end.

11. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Da-amn... sorry to hear about that, Sideways.

Best of luck, hope things get sorted out.

Glad to hear it.

12. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    That's such a tough thing to go through...I feel for you.

I do have a suggestion, tho - instead of filing bankruptcy, find out if your state has a free legal advice clinic, ask them if your state allows you to simply default on your various debts, and how to go about it if they do. It does the same thing to your credit that bankruptcy does, but is easier and doesn't have any court costs (in my state, it just costs some stamps).

--Moony

13. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

All I can say is look at the bright side. What if your parents had died? Then you'd be screwed. At this point I just gotta say be glad you have family. Good lucl!

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear about what happen to you, Sideways. But at least your dad was kind enough to let you move in with him.

I had a neighbor for the most longest time, an old guy who's supposedly retired and has had a history of drinking. He's also had some health problems, in fact he had 2-3 heart attacks in the past. Anyways, just within the past months, he lost his house and ended up moving into a retirement community... his ex-wife, his daughter, and his ex-girlfriend didn't want anything to do with him. For the most part, it was my family that often had to look out after him, but we couldn't always be there for him... and pretty much, his ex-wife and daughter literally made it our responsibility to care for him, which did pissed my parents off. He was THEIR responsibility, not ours, and yet they'd care less about him.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is be thankful you have people who are willing to help you get through with this. Not many people have someone they could turn to.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's a rough coupla months, guy.

Glad to hear your parents have your back, though. Move back in, let Dad help you get a new (piece of shit) car, and tighten your belt. You can put some money in your pocket and get back on your feet fast enough with a little motivation and hard work.

16. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Sorry to hear man , life can sometimes be shitty.

17. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds like you have a good Dad there.

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

thanks for all the support fellas and ladies.
    It feels like a kick in the balls and sucks that Im going through all this shit and im turning 25 in a couple weeks...

19. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Best of luck man!

Just be glad it's happening now when you're young and can bounce back easier, instead of ten or fifteen years from now.

Also, glad to see you didn't have "ate a whole bag of poisoned Chinese Halloween candy" on your list, because that would have really been a kick in the pants.

20. Sideways

Sideways Banned

haha.Lol. Lance. I don't care for candy anyways!