Jury Duty Scam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ABH1979, Dec 21, 2006.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Got this in an email today

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good to know. However I personaly NEVER give my social over the phone. Good advice for anyone.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Do people who have warrants out for their arrest ever get a call saying as much? I thought if they had a warrant for you, and knew where to find you (at home, where they could call you, for example) that they would just go and arrest your ass. Wouldn't calling you just be heads up to get the hell out of dodge?

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Certainly not to somebody who calls you. Same goes with credit card numbers. If YOU called the admissions office to your university or something, that's one thing..although most of that shit is automated now; you just punch it in first.
    I'm not giving some random ass fucker on the phone my personal information. Hell I don't care if it IS the FBI/IRS/municipal court. They can tell me where to go to handle whatever BS it is in person (which in this or a similar case would probably stump 'em) or I'll tell 'em to go to hell.

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I do believe so. If they have a warrant, they will show up at your door instead of calling you.

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Depending on the offense, the police could just call you and ask you to come down to the PD station. Of course they wouldn't do this for a serious offense and especially if they thought you were a flight risk.

I've been called to come down to a local station before, this was before having a warrant issued though.

7. honestgabe

honestgabe I

I had a warrant for my arrest for an unpaid traffic ticket. They came to my house and said to pay by tomorrow morning or they'll be back and mean it heh