Junkion Search

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LIPSS, Jan 15, 2012.

1. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Hi there! New here. From Hisstank by way of Rebelscum. I was wondering if there were any other modern Junkions produced other than Wreck-Gar and Junkheap? Well actually any era to satisfy my curiousity. I just love these newer versions and want a collection of them but want to vary them as much as possible and was hoping there were more than just these two. THanks!

2. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

There's also Scrapheap. Which has a
    Different head scalpt. It's a Japanese exclusive and is on the expensive side.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/commissioner-listing-feedback/374962-wreck-gar-custom-add-parts.html

Great kits for them. They are a little pricey, but well worth investing in atleast one full set. I think (IMO) you can get away with just a different head and chest pieces, but the rest of the armor and the wheel of awesomeness are great. I need to come up with the funding to complete my current sets and buy about 4 more.

ehobby Scrapheap is probably my favorite, but parting out the full set that he comes in is probably the most cost effective way to get him, and United Wreck-gar (takara paint scheme of the mold) is different enough for me to warrant a second purchase. Also, rumor is that there is going to be a "shattered glass" 3-pack of them for Botcon.

4. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks guys. I haven't customized TF before so it looks like this may be my first. Man Scrapheap looks nice but you are right about being pricey. Maybe in the long run!

5. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Hey, since I am about to go in debt because of these guys, is there a place to get some Junkheap or Wreck-Gars in bulk any cheaper? Is there a seller that people get more of these from?

6. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

barrelks, I just re-read your post. I would love to see a shattered glass version of these guys. Gotta keep my eye out for a United WG too. I have to find some stuff and post in the trades section!

7. barrelks

News Credits:
    As far as getting them in bulk, not really, but Wreck-gar has been showing up at Ross stores for $6.99. I was able to grab one last week, so they are starting to show up again. Not really any sales right now at the retailers for Junkheap though. Trades may be the way to go through the BST. Im sure some people were able to find some during Targets big christmas sale on Deluxes. Sadly the one near me stocked right after the sale was over.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really hope that I'm able to get some Maiden Japan parts this year. I'd pay for those with my spare "Junkions" in less than a heartbeat than spending out for that Scrapheap.

9. barrelks

News Credits:
    I like both (probably equally), but Scrapheap was an awesome addition to the collection. As I said, it is probably my favorite version of the mold. I really hope that Hasbro releases that head at retail (though my wallet isn't in agreement with me). It is a real clean colorscheme for the figure.

The Maiden parts really set each figure apart. I thought I was a little over them till my second batch arrived. Head C is a clear winner (IMO), and putting a bunch of different junkions in a line really makes me want a bunch more. Just trying to figure out if I have enough Wreckgars/Junkheaps to go with the 10 different heads that Maiden has eventual plans to deliver.

10. Superquad7

News Credits:
    From what I've read from you and from everything else I've seen, I'd totally agree with that assessment, and say it's pretty spot on.

Speaking of wallets, that's really the only place I'm coming from regarding Scrapheap.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Someone already posted the link to MAIDEN JAPANS Junkion add on sets. I own 3 bought 2 more and am holding on to some extra JUNKHEAPS because plans are that MJ will be making at least one new head soon. If you do get in on these add on I can assure you that you will love them the moment you get them. I don't know what it is but as good as they look in pictures they are so much better in person. I guess it is because of all the small details and the amazing paint job MJ does with these things. The man is a true master at his craft and has provided the community with something very awesome.

There is also a new rumour floating around that Fansproject's Collector (3rd party Wreckgar) is still being made althought the announcement is old it should be coming out this year. IF THAT HAPPENS, the initial plan was to make Wreckgar, Fembot Junkion and Old Warrior Junkion. So you get three and since Wreckgar is out via official means I'm sure FP will replace there Wreckgar with a generic Young Warrior figure. But once again, this has not been completely confirmed yet. It comes from a rumour that two figures in the Causality line will be released before they start releasing Menasor and the community is guessing the two are Broadside and Wreckgar.

There is also a rumour that this year BOTCON will be selling 3 Junkions in Insecticon colours.

12. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Well I am definitely reserving some of my future purchases to chase this venture for a while!

Hey, how does MJ make these? Is he a single person or is it a company? Do these parts handle the taking on and or are they meant to put on and stay on. Kinda wondering if they are made out of the same kind of material the figures are.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I know MJ is one dude that makes and paints each piece personally.

I THINK the pieces are made of resin. They can most definitely handle being put on and removes multiple times. Everything is a snug fit but nothing really needs to "click in" so you don't need to worry about parts becoming loose.

14. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Besides, there is always a chance that Hasbro releases their own Scrapheap, or some other retool/redeco down the road anyway.

15. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Well I grabbed the Junkheap I saw at Target last week. I should have grabbed it then because today it was $1 more at $12.99. I knew Star Wars and GI Joe was going up but didn't know about Transformers. Still, cheaper than paying for shipping.

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah. I'm thinking if that Botcon set gets made, they may be moving on to other molds, though. I hope you're right, though!

17. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Well ROSS restocked and was able to grab another Wreck-Gar. I just wish I lived in one of those cities with multiple ROSSs then i might have been able to fulfill my needs today. I guess the hunt goes on. Need more Junkheaps though. Then it will be time to pay MJ a visit.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    out of the three, scrapheap is my favorite color scheme and head:
    [​IMG]

19. LIPSS

LIPSS Well-Known Member

Nice pic! Scrapheap would be very nice to have!