Junkion Blacksmith JB-03 Earth Commander, JB-04 Broadcaster & JB-05 Destruction Lord

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by megatroptimus, Dec 1, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I only got JB-03 Earth Commander (Ultra Magnus) & JB-05 Destruction Lord (Megatron), feel free to add your reviews for JB-04 Broadcaster when you get it.

ROBOT MODE

[​IMG]

Not much to say here, they're nicely detailed, Megatron got his fusion cannon and Magnus his missile launcher. I would say Megatron looks the best of the 2, he can't be mistaken for anyone else. As for Magnus, his head could have been more Magnus-esque with silver antennas. As it is, his head looks a bit too generic. Nice nod to the G1 toy with the molded chestplate though.

Articulation is the same as previous JB offerings with balljointed legs and arms that can only move up and down. Weapons are detachable.

ALT MODE

[​IMG]

Megatron turns into a tank (surprise, surprise) and Magnus into a truck (pretty much Prime-style). While Megatron's alt mode is believable, Magnus' doesn't look anything like the Magnus truck we know. But that's understandable, how do you turn a blue and red robot into a white truck with a trailer? Still acceptable considering the 3rd mode is a bonus. Even though the instructions don't show it, you can peg Megatron's fusion cannon on top of the tank on the backside of forehead flap.

HEAD MODE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's where the figures truly shine. Both heads are remarkably well sculpted. That's the only HM body I had to demonstrate that feature, so bear with me if you don't find the body appropriate.

SD COMBINED MODE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, fun little figures that don't cost too much.

EDIT: Just realized the arms were installed backwards on Magnus. Here are the correct pictures for robot mode and alt mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Nice!

Can you shows the bottom of the head modes? I haven't bought any one of these yet and I'm wondering if they could be customized.

3. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Bottom of the head modes? To see the tabs for the tech specs?

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I just the tank mode photo. And your new photos. I have a pretty good idea now. The headmaster tab is molded.

I guess there's no way to fit this on a ball joint unless someone makes an adapter or something. Without cutting or drilling I mean.

5. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Those look very nice. Sure, the truck mode for Magnus is goofy, but I can deal with that (pun intended). That third mode is just icing for me anyway.

6. megatroptimus

News Credits:
    Well, there's a little adapter with a peg, but I don't remember what it's supposed to do. I think you can it to put the little JB Prime head on Powermasters Prime's body, but I don't know why they keep providing the adapter for the other figures.

7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    that megatron is especially nice looking.

8. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Megatron head mold is darn good! Looks like someone's gonna hijack my junker Scorponok!

As for the Magnus head, I wonder how he'll look like on top of a G1 Ultra Magnus toy....

9. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine today.

[​IMG]

10. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm definitely getting Magnus. It's too bad they didn't color his chest like their boxart, red chest with blue chestplate.

11. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Is it possible the JB-03 adapter fits a G1 Ultra Magnus?

Anyone have a rubsign-less Ultra Magnus they can check this with?

Also, I tried fitting my JB-05 Destruction Lord onto a G2 Hero Megatron (removed the base figure's head & tried fitting the circular bit into the old head's hole), but the head's too wide (or the cannon's too far over) & the head won't fit...

Anyone else have any ideas?

12. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My JB headmasters arrived: Destruction Lord(Megatron) and Broadcaster(Blaster).

Megatron is exactly what I expected, and I'm not disappointed.

Blaster, however.....well, he's orange. Not an orange-ish red, or a light red, but pure undeniable nonBlaster orange.