Minor/Repaint: Jumpstarters Topspin and Twin Twist

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by E. C. R. Former, Nov 2, 2008.

1. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Well who cares about the Jumpstarters anyway? OK, I'm sure there are plenty of people, so here they are.

Top Spin was made from Energon Skyblast. He was easy enough to be colored solely with Gundam Markers. No real problems with him.

Twin Twist was a bit trickier. The body base mold is obviously Real Gear Long View but I also superglued tank treads from a junker deluxe movie Brawl and some G1 Bonecrusher drills. I initially started coloring him with Gundam Markers as well but the yellow plastic kept mixing resulting in a sickly green color. Ultimately, I painted him with Model Masters Acrylics instead.

So, I hope you like these two fellows. I'm hoping to put together the Wreckers.

Attached Files:

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow they both look great. i love the bases you used for them.

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I always liked twintwist, when his gimmick worked that is. Good job on these guys. I'm still kind of wondering why you use those gundam markers so much. It feels like you could get a more solid color from the Model Masters paint you use, that stuff is pretty good even if you have to give it a few coats

4. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Not entirely feeling them as Topspin and Twin Twist, but great job nonetheless.

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Gah! Only minutes after I post this thread the right foot on my Twin Twist/Longview breaks off! I've managed to repair it with superglue but now I have to be extra careful when I transform him. :cry 

Given how the yellow paint started running while I was coloring him, I suspect Hasbro used cheap plastics for the Real Gears. :mad 

Because I live overseas, hobby paints aren't regularly available to me. I pretty much have to buy them on ebay and import them since virtually no hobby paint sellers ship overseas that I could find. :mad  As a result I have to conserve what little paint I have. Gundam Markers are basically an easy (if inferior) substitute.

Either way, thanks for looking. :) 

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I REALLY like these two! I really hope you can get ahold of some paints, because you're really making some cool things! You made some really good choices with each of these. Great job :thumb 

7. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

dude those were super original ideas AND THEY LOOK GREAT I LOVE THEM great jo man

8. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

look great!!!!!

i started mine a while ago but used longveiw for both bots, you just gave me a bit of inspiration to finish them

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I MUST APPLAUD THESE PIECES. CLAPPING