Jumper (Film Adaption)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Witwicky Camaro, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Jumper is an upcoming 2008 science fiction film based on the 1992 science fiction novel Jumper by Steven Gould. The film is directed by Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity) and stars Hayden Christensen, Samuel L. Jackson (sporting silver hair), Jamie Bell, Rachel Bilson and Anna Sophia Robb. Jumper is slated for a February 14, 2008 release.

John Powell is even composing for the film, so the soundtrack should be awesome (hopefully).

Plot:

A genetic abnormality allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between 'Jumpers' and those who have sworn to kill them.

1. Theatrical Trailer on YouTube.com.
    2. The Official Website.

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the movie may or may not be good, two thing bother me at this point:

A. Absolutely tired of seeing the trailer before everything.
    and...
    B. I wish it wasn't so "Stylish". Not the effects, but just the "hip teen" feel it has that Hollywood loves so much of.

3. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Eh? Aren't you supposed to see a trailer before you see the movie (usually when your sitting in the theater)? I just found it and posted it here for anyone looking to watch it (if you hadn't seen it). And where's this "Hip Teen" feeling to the movie? The young actors that happen to be starring in it or something else? Clarify please.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Don't hat eon the dude for hating on the movie.

TWO WORDS Hayden Christensen. The movie will suck for this very fact. Heck the guy is a one pony show. The same preformance in the two Star Wars movie is the same he did in Life as a House and will be the same for this movie.

As good as the movie may be I don't think I will be able to get over HC's preformance.

I personally saw the trailer and it is the type where you;ve actual seen the whole movie in 3 minutes. No real need to see the full length.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

5. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Have you ever seen a trailer so many times that it gets annoying no matter how much you want to see the movie? I have seen that trailer in theatres a good numbe of times, in front of almost everything I have seen recently. So, I'm just annoyed by it, that's all. I'm not saying it's bad because of it, just saying I saw the trailer too many times.

The "Hip Teen" feeling: a lot of movies these days have concepts I really like, and this one isn't bad. However, a lot of movies take these concepts and use characters that seem young and "hip", such as Christian Haydensen "jumping" in a convertable with only the best of fashion, and also with a teen romance. I would just rather see a movie be less "hip" and have a little more genuine, down to earth characters. I am NOT passing judgement on this movie yet, but the preview make it look like it has that "hip teen" feeling I'm not crazy about.

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never heard of this movie before, and this is the first time I seen that trailer.

That being said, I thought that it looked like it could be pretty entertaining. Though I may try to check out the book first.

7. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I like Christensen. He looks the part and personally I'm hoping it was a shitty script that fucked him up in SW.

8. Witwicky Camaro

News Credits:
    Yes, I have. Most Memorably X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), they showed the same TV Spot several times in a row on several comerical breaks during Avatar: The Last Airbender and Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005), wherever I happened to stop. Oh, also, UltraViolet, just a day before the film's release. So yeah, I understand where you coming from on that part.

Well, in this day and age, every movie got to have a "I'm Cool" Moment for their focal character (See: Wanted Trailer) and most can't seem to survive without a Romantic Interest for the Main Character. Its all Staus Quo, for some reason.

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    It looks cool. In a rental/budget buy sort of way. I doubt I'd pay full ticket price to see it, or $20 to buy the DVD.

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i'm excited for it...its like a bunch of nightcrawlers vs a bunch of other strange dudes...

ps, shouldnt this be in the all new movie forum?

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wanna see this. The SW movies actually made me a HUGE Hayden Christensen fan. :lol 

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I want to check it out because Doug Liman is doing somthing different from his usual.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Lost me at Hayden Christensen, i'll just go to Ikea instead since they won't charge me £5 to look at wooden furniture for 90 minuites.

14. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    Hah, I completely messed that up.

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the book a long time ago and remember it was decent, though I'm hard pressed to recall any details of the plot. I'll pass on seeing the movie, largely due to the presence of Hayden Christiansen.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

True, and I'm thinking the former.
    Yes. I don't have cable, but it seems like it's been on every football game I've watched since Crimmus. And not even the commericals, but the little plugged-in advertisements, whatever those are called.
    Yeah, I get that also. Even from the thirty second trailer, it screams "slick and angsty" to me. Could be wrong about that, but that's the vibe I get.

17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Haven't seen any previews outside the trailer, and have only seen that I think 4 times. It looks pretty good to me. I don't mind Hayden, he was perfectly fine, perhaps even good in Life as a House. Everyone outside of Ewan was awful in SW, and even he had some bad moments. Lucas is just crap at directing actors.

18. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

I've actually seen the trailer only once. Seems interesting, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

19. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw the trailer at my screening of American Gangster. The whole time I was thinking "What the fuck is this? Is it about anything?"

It was really the dullest trailer for anything I've ever seen, and I got absolutely no sense of what it was about. I imagine the rest of theater felt the same, as afterwards you could've heard a pin drop.

Now - I have a very open mind about movies. I'd give this a chance, but I'm just saying, the trailer totally had me in "what? fuck that" mode

20. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I caught this trailer today in front of Rambo. It actually looks pretty good. The fact that Hayden Christensen is in it doesn't bother me. I chalk up his wooden performance in the SW prequels to bad scripts and bad direction. I'll give this one a chance. It certainly seems entertaining.