July 2018 IDW Solicitations

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Omegashark18, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    PREVIEWS Catalog

It’s the beginning of the end.

Unicron begins his assault, starting with Caminus(also, the issues are bigger!).

Optimus Prime, The Falling concludes and the following issue deals with its aftermath and Unicron.

And the final battle begins on Lost Light.

Oh, and major spoilers for Optimus Prime in the descriptions.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Obviously we have to take subscription covers with a grain of salt, but looking at the B Covers for Unicron, it looks like it won't be solely featuring the Transformers. So that's good.

3. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    tbh 
    I am upset that we did not get any covers with Munkky on them, even during the falling.
    I would have bought the slag out of those. 

But a couple of these Unicron covers look nice.

4. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

Awesome. I don’t want it to end, yet I’m really excited for it at the same time. This is shaping up to be every bit the finale the IDWverse deserves. Bring on IDWnicron!

And a Transformers vs. Visionaries TPB. I might pick that up, but it’s probably less effort just to stay home and saw my own legs off with a rusty carving knife. Less painful too.

5. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Hoping the main Unicron event stays in his own title, because I don't want to have to buy everything else due to story-jumping x.x

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So the purple people eater's back in business, huh? Just when Unicron's showing up? This is gonna get interesting.

7. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Damn, now I wish I didn't read the spoilers. Regardless, I'm excited!

8. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG] Now transformers is mimicking atlas statue who’s next mad max, batman ,I expected deadpool make these types of mentions not series comic book series alien on another planet doing this

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    It sure seems like Lost Light's finale is going to tie directly into Unicron (as the force that must be "confronted and repelled"), just like Optimus Prime seems to be pointing that way with The Falling. My worry about IDW's "grand finale" was that both books would have to wrap up their storylines and then immediately jump into Unicron as the unrelated final story, but it's looking like everything points to the planet-eater after all...

Have you, like, never seen a comic book cover before?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    From the looks of it, the Unicron covers where everyone's in front of his planet mode will all form a big poster, each one a corner!

• Like Like x 3
  11. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    boooooo Visionaries
    boooooo M.A.S.K.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Omega495

Omega495 Mostly Harmless, aspiring Mistake Not

JL #1 cover was homaged by MTME multiple times(issue 1 , 28 and 34), even MLP used it.
    wanna make something of it ?

JL_1.jpg RCO005_1463649957.jpg TF_MTMTE_28_cvrSUB.jpg MTMTE43_subcvr.jpg 10B.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it turns out the whole thing in LL was Unicron all along, I’ll admittedly be a tad disappointed. It would be hard for me to believe that Unicron was the original endgame for LL vs what it became because the universe is wrapping itself up. But we’ll see!!

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't envy poor Optimus Prime. Atlas never had to worry about the globe biting his head off. :D  (Btw, why don't we have Atlas Prime? Wasted opportunity for a great name, much better than silly fanfic-like names like Megatronus or Onyx Primes)
    (Also, wonder how long before the flat earthers come here to argue that Unicron has to be flat too, since Earth is. :D )

yay, MarySuerilina is now killing off Ironhide too, great... (not that I really belive that'll happen, IDW played too long with these misleading fake covers)

I'll be, Decepticons still exist in IDW? They have done such a great job of killing off/retiring/converting most of the big names (and even the little ones), I cannot even imagine who might be leading the Cons at this point. Megaplex, the long-lost spark brother of Megatron? :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    If I had to guess, Deathsaurus.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah. Why would he be chasing Windblade, who to him, is a random nobody? Guy has not been back on Cybertron since eons.

I have to say, this will be the most boring apocalypse ever. All the major players are either dead, trapped in another universe, or have been ruined beyond repair by terrible writing. I still have no idea what the many-many-many years of Bee being a ghost was even about. Or why Starscream was the leader of Cybertron when he really, didn't achieve anything at all, just kept making stupid mistakes, and that prophecy about him being chosen was apparently just hogwash.
    The previous Unicron stories worked because there was this million-year-old civil war that both sides needed to stop in order to ally and fight against a common foe. But here? The war ended years ago, not with a bang, but with a whimper.
    And since there is no Primus here (at least not physically/obviously like in Marvel), I doubt Unicron will have the same relation to the Cybertronians as otherwise. I guess the only silver lining I have is, they cannot defeat Unicron here in a more stupid and undignified way as in the Devil's Due GI Joe crossover, where he is killed by puff-shrooms planted in his brain, or in the Kirby-verse IDW Gi Joe crossover where I think they just go inside him and shoot him in the brain or something (where Blackarachnia with Battle beasts because why did anyone expect that comic to make sense...)

• Like Like x 3
  17. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...ye gads, this looks spectacular:  but poor caminus!..

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I dunno, I could totally buy that this was either Roberts's plan all along, or it was adapted to include Unicron early enough that he was able to seamlessly mesh his own ending plans with the inclusion of Unicron. After all, the addition of Megatron to the crew wasn't originally in his plans, but I think we can all agree that it turned out excellent.

Mostly though, I just like the idea that everything falls seamlessly into place. It gives the grand finale much more meaning if it truly is the culmination of all the major storylines.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought bumblebee was dead.

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Holy goddamn today is a fucking wild day for IDW.

• Like Like x 2