July 09 Q&A Answers from Hasbro Australia.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, Aug 20, 2009.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    Most of this will only be of interest to other Australian fans, so that they know what they need to import, and what to wait for.

From here - Hasbro AU July 2009 Answers. - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia

1 - Does Hasbro have any data as to what percent of the Transformer market is adults (collectors) vs. children?

(no reply)

2 - We are falling several waves behind on the Star Wars and Marvel Transformers. Are we going to catch up, or miss out on the figures that have not been seen here yet (V-wing, Plo Koon, AT-TE, AAT, Kit Fisto, Torrent Fighter, Magnaguard)?

You should see the AT-TE and Magnaguard in the market by Sept. We probably wont get the other in until late this year or early next year at the earliest. We may miss the V-19. Marvel Transformers we are currently overstocked on so we wont be getting more in until 2010.

3 - The last assortment of Universe Legends (Rodimus, Cosmos, Wheelie, Warpath) have not been seen here yet. Are these still going to be released in Australia?

No more Universe Legends unfortunately.

4 - Is there still going to be a second wave of universe special editions being produced?

For 2009 we have plans to release the G1 Commemorative Insecticons and Perceptor (TRU Australia have at this stage declinded these exclusives however so unlikely). Past that, we have not announced any other re-releases at this time.

5 - Are we getting any of the following items released here - 'Straightaway Shootout' Legends 5-pack, 'Robot Heroes Battle Scene packs (3 known so far), 'Autobot Strike Missions' 4-pack, 'Fury of Fearswoop' 3-pack, 'Gathering at the Nemesis' 3-pack, Movie small-Titanium 2-packs (US ToysRUs), Large Titaniums (US Target), Transformers Jenga set?

We are getting Gathering at the Nemisis (TRU). We also had 83793 Universe Legends 5Pk. We have offered some of the others to Australian retailers however they look unlikely at this stage.

6 - Will the new 'Buster Optimus Prime' from TakaraTomy (Movie Optimus with Gun) going to be released by Hasbro as well?

Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to release "Buster" Optimus Prime at this point in time.

7 - Why do running changes (like Movie Mudflap's numberplate, Skids' gold tooth, Sideways' darker colour, Breakaway's darker colour, Scalpel's shorter antenna, Cannon Bumblebee's clear windows) happen so soon after their first release? Why aren't they released like that in the first place?

In certain circumstances, such as those listed in your question, we made the decision to change certain colors and details on the product later in the development process. However, in order to maintain the production schedule of these products some of these changes are made on a running change basis.

8 - Any plans for Hasbro (or as another AUS Hasbro direct import), to release the Alternity and Disney Transformers?

Unfortunately, not at this time.

9 - Any plans for an actual Remote Controlled Truck to look like Wheelie from the Movie, in the RPMs RC line?

While we have discussed this as an option for our Transformers RPMs line, we do not have any plans to release him as an RC truck at this time.

10 - In your last email, you listed the following items:
    93292 Movie 2: Deluxe Battle 2 Pack Asst - Sep-09 - TARGET (TBC)
    93420 Movie 2: Battle Pack - Oct-09 - TRU (TBC)
    16770 Transformers Voyager 2pk - Oct-09 - COSTCO (TBC)
    93357 Movie 2: Voyager Exclusive - Nov-09 - (TBC)
    93294 Movie 2: Movie Deluxe Battle 2 Pk - Nov 09 - (TBC)
    With so many store exclusives being released for the Movie, are there any actual names with these, to know which ones they are?

Here are the names of the exclusives that you have listed in your question:
    93292 - Data War (unknown) (Target Sep, TBC)
    93420 - Gathering at the Nemesis (Megatron, Soundwave, Fallen) (TRU Oct, TBC)
    16770 - Surface to Air Showdown (Ratchet, Grindor) (Costco Oct, TBC)
    93357 - The Fallen (single packed fire redeco) (TBC)
    93294 - Super Tuner Showdown (Blowpipe, Sideways) (TBC)

(wondering what the 'Data War' pack will have in it...)

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Data War? What is this?

I'd guess a Soundwave packed with "other". Hrm.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Wait... That doesn't answer the question at all...

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Sounds like a misunderstanding of the question, although I think anyone here in the fan community knows exactly what they are asking. Bummer.

5. PB379

PB379 Autobot

Was there any news on Legends Devestator for Australia?

6. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
  7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

...No Legends Warpath?

:( 

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    You're not alone, none of that wave made it to the UK either. :( 

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Or most of the U.S.

Apparently they were plentiful in Canada only.

Which sucks too because the last 2 waves of Universe Legends were the only Universe toys I wanted at all. Minibots!

10. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    We can ask about Legends Devastator in a future submission, but we aren't expecting a Hasbro release of them until next year (according to the Hasbro panel at BotCon).

As for the last Universe Legends - New Zealand seemed to get heaps of them. Quite a few Australian fans have been getting them from our trans-Tasman nieghbours.

11. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    The Special Edition figs were just repaints so I guess they could be deemed 're-releases'

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I would've thought Universe Legends figures would be something that can be released anytime since they're not really connected to the mainlines. I hate that hardly any of the last few waves of Universe Legends made it over here to Blighty. That said, the cost of buying them from my local(ish) import shop works out about the same these days as buying officially released ones so I just do that. If I ever see the bloody things in there to begin with since America seems to have had hardly any of them either.

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Like I said, Canada got a ton of them.

Maybe we should form an Alliance and invade. According to American cinema they should be easy pickings.:lolol 

14. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Same here in Turkey, plenty of Legends and no fuckin last 2 waves!! ghaaggh:banghead: