Judging by what you saw at the movies...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kurochan_24, Jun 30, 2007.

1. kurochan_24

kurochan_24 Well-Known Member

Btw, hello to everyone, this is my first post.

I haven't seen it yet so I can't comment on it, but seeing the trailers, I think the bots are cool and easily appreciated.

So for those who have seen the movie already, in you own opinion, could they possibly add the concept of a triplechanger or a combiner on the sequels?

It would've been fun to see astrotrain or sandstorm changing to two vehicles and constructicons merging to form devastator.

2. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards

I think judging by the movie, all the Trasnformers are multi-changers anyway. They just need to scan another vehicle, and they gain new alternate forms. So it's possible to introduce Triplechangers and combiners for the sequel.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree but I shudder to think how "messy" the combiners will look. The Autobots were ok...they looked robotic but some of the Decepticons such as Bonecrusher, Frenzy, and Megatron looked...er, very skeleton-like in appearance.

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I can see Combiners working if the team is reduced to around three members. A robot for each limb though may be too much (and would make the gestalt 'bot way too big for a 'real world' setting, I think!)
    Still, that may be contentious for some fans.

5. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

I definitely agree about the combiners (it would probably be just 2 though like Battletrap). Triplechangers would easily fit in as well.

6. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

While it seems that the transformers can rework their forms to change how they look, I think their special abilities have to remain constant, e.g. Optimus could make himself look like a helicopter, but he still can't fly, and on the flip side, Starscream could make himself into a Ferrari, and would still be able to hover.

It would be interesting to see how the movie would handle true triple-changers, like a bot that's able to fly in one mode, and then able to float or submerge in another mode. The toys would be a designer's nightmare, I'm sure....