Judge: Man must display victim's picture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Mar 26, 2007.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_re_us/picture_sentence

Its nice to see someone get creative with sentencing. I just wonder how long he has to keep the picture displayed.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have mixed emotions about this. It won't bring anyone back...but it'll keep him thinking about what he did. Actually, yeah, I support this. As a constant reminder, it'll hopefully go a long ways towards keeping him from racing or otherwise endangering others again. So it serves to rehabilitate. Ok, I'm definitely on board.

Sorry, I had to reason that out as I typed.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    wonder if the guy's lawyer will file for an appeal using Cruel and Unusual Punishment as the reason...

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't get it.

I guess it's a good idea.

But what will it solve?

He served his time, why torment him for the rest of his life?

Sure his reckless driving during the race caused he death, but he didn't do it on purpose.

They should charge the other guy too, since it takes two to race.

5. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

sort of a scarlet letter, er photo....

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

He only served two years? He should be so lucky that he has to have a picture hung in his house as part of his probation.

If you are 31 and still haven't learned your lesson on doing stupid things, a constant reminder of what your action do can serve him some good.

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...Polk County, Florida (my home, as well as the county of Bartow) got something right. Now maybe they can work on a way to get all the kids in car seats, stop the jerktards who keep running the red lights, and allow vilgilante behavior against those who insist that everyone within 100 yards hear their car stereo...that'll be progress.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hopefully, it'll serve as a constant reminder of the cost of reckless behavior to others, rather than allowing him to forget about it in a few years and start racing again.

He hasn't served any time yet, but he's only going to serve two years. Two years in exchange for the rest of a 17 y/o's life. Statistically, that'd be about 55 more years, so he's coming out ahead 53 years. Besides, it's not exactly torment, and this kid's parents will be looking at pictures of him for the rest of their lives, while this guy will only have to until he's off probation.

On purpose, he "was swerving in traffic at about 120 mph." There's no way he couldn't have known that doing so could lead to someone's death. But he did it anyways. On purpose, he put his personal desire to have fun above the risk to the lives of others.

They did. He'll be sentenced April 5th.