JRSToyworld Cancels All MP-05 Orders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by REDLINE, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned, there should be ONE gun law: you can't have one.
    Anything else is stupid.
    To be honest I'm starting to really not care about the orange tip. I just want the sodding toy.

2. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

It dosen't shoot anything, so what's the problem?

3. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    You drive 30 in a 35 don't you

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Notice to criminals all around the world, you can safely point your real gun at the police as long as you put an orange tip on it! Orange tips make life safe!!!!!

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The post office cana manage to deliver parcels with anthrax in them, but not toy robots who turn into guns?

6. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    The problems not with the Post Office, but with Customs.

7. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

lol, America, goes ape over a robot that turns into a oversized gun yet you can still pick up assault rifles from the shops ;) 

8. Jaguaratron

its not the law, its a certain interpretation of one aspect

As for respecting the law, I could shoot people of a certain ethnic background in the city of York with a bow and arrow quite legally today, that ones not even ambiguous or open to various interpretations ;) 

9. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

Not really a comparison. On one hand, you're talking about the importing of an illegal toy into the country, and on the other, you're talking about the legal sale of firearms.

10. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    It's not often that you hear an American say "nanny-state" and "Canadian" in such close proximity and NOT imply that one is the other.

11. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

This whole matter just seems like a big joke. Again I dont understand why the TFC reissue megs has no problem but this oversized version thats going to be in robot mode is? Makes no sense. Well I will get an unmodded megs one way or another, even if Tfsource can't come thru.

12. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I say if Hasbro may consider releasing this in the states and save people some money it could be good. Hopefully they only modify the barrel with and orange tip. Whose to say someone won't find a way to replace the barrel later, like 20 anv Primes smokestacks?

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never mentioned lawsuit or a crime. But if parents lose faith in Hasbro and their committment to child safety, then they'll take their money elsewhere.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    or an easy way to pop off the orange caps, or hell, simple painting would cover it....i'd much rather pay 40 bucks for one at target then over 100 online....i hope hasbro releases this...

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

My only worry about HASBRO releasing this is what ELSE will they do to it? If i have to have an orange cap I WANT EVERYTHING ELSE EXACTLY THE SAME. I don't want any wonky colors like on Classics Megatron. I wouldn't purchase one if it was altered anymore then just a cap.

As for JRS....did anyone read what he wrote? "I believe it is more important to sell a product that is unmodified in a sealed box then opened modified items." He didnt have to cancel all his orders, he chose to out of his own personal belief that he thinks it is wrong to sell the toy opened and modified.

16. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

That may be fine for you, but my laws give me the right to own as many guns as I want. I only have to file the paperwork and wait to be approved. What the U.S. does not want is for people who can not obtain a weapon to use a fake one to break laws. (as far fetched as it is, people have even used candy to rob small stores with elderly employees and such) I have to say I want an unmodded mp-5, but I would be forced to do the same thing if I was hasbro. They are subject to the same laws that all Americans are, and go to prison if convicted.

17. Jaguaratron

I live in the UK and have lived all over the US and saying "What the U.S. does not want is for people who can not obtain a weapon to use a fake one to break laws" is nieve. The UK is currently having its yearly spaz about fake/replica handguns but personally I couldnt give a crap, someone with a fake handgun isnt going to shoot me, personally I think they should do something about the real guns in circulation. Fake guns = not a problem, real guns kill you, if some gimp decides to use a fake/replica to go and rob someone, well they cant shoot the person they robbing and hopefully the police will plug them and its one less moron in the gene pool.

Now in the UK gun crime is tiny, its non existant in comparison to the US and I could obtain an illegal firearm here pdq, I (and anyone) could get one in the US much faster, if someone wants a gun they will get one, I assure you that "paperwork" will never prevent this. There really is no such thing as a person who cannot obtain a weapon, especially in the US

18. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    You do have a point, but since Hasbro alerted customs to the heinous breaking of the law, they will probably be on the lookout for Megs.

Although, what are they gonna do? Open every single one to see if it has been altered as per the statute? I am willing to bet that customs agents won't be able to tell the non-compliant Megs from the ones w/ the damn plug. Then once they do open a few and see the plug, they will stop looking. They probably all look just about the same on the x-ray. Therefore why waste the time?

19. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Worth noting that you do have to kill them though. Injuring someone with a bow is illegal.

Oh, and it has to be within the city walls, not just the city.

Phazer

20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This entire thread has veered into territory that is entirely inappropriate for a children's toy forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.