JP Movie Trailer with new Footage!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sarge, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Yay! Japanese logo!!

2. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

intresting, if we think about it, the transformation mode of scorponok is useless, he only gets taller and in the same time looks silly

3. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is that supposed to mean? I'm sorry if I don't get your humor but I find your comment to be not very necessary. I was just making a correction to an assumption you made about me. Sorry if I didn't edit what you had originally stated down but I didn't feel the need to plus I didn't want to leave out your point. Now I don't intend to get into a battle of comments with you here so please do not turn it into such.
    My original statement about most other countries speaking or understanding english was that it is either taught or learned by other means far more so than any other language where it is not the primary one of that place. I also have known far more poor people from other countries who knew english. On the other end of that is most Americans, even those of foreign nationality, don't know any other language besides english. English is fairly easy when compared to most other languages.

Now this is something I'm just stating as something I've known but not that as fact, so anyone can express what they have known an I to will take it as that.

Now I've been to long winded as is but as for dubbing in general I feel it has it's pros and cons. Getting peoples mouths to synic up with what is being said is one. Another thing is some words just don't always have an exact translation and that's how we end up with movies where the story is changed slightly or just silly dialogue.

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Nothing really. The point to my last post was more about 'netiquette' than what we were discussing earlier.

A logical assumption, since who's really gone to most countries in their lifetime? And on a post where I showed 3 examples countering the argument you made on the first post I replied to.

Never my intention.

OK, now I get what you were saying.

Still, it doesn't mean the 'general populace' of such countries understand fluid english enough to not need something like a dub or subtitles for movies or TV shows spoken in english; which is why American movies released to non-english speaking countries generally get dubbed or subbed.

I've heard that in Spain and France all movies are actually dubbed (can't confirm ... haven't been there), while here we usually get what I described on my first reply to your comments.

Heck! My mom is a surgeon and can read medical books written in english. Yet when we go to the US she needs a translator. She doesn't understand enough english to order food, much less to understand a movie without spanish subtitles, but she can read books in technical english. She can speak japanese though.

Poor people? I know that's not the case here. You'll have more chances of finding english-speaking venezuelans from college graduates and the like.

I guess that's true ... although - crazy as it sounds - I know of at least one American (born in Dallas, TX) who doesn't understand english. I'm pretty sure she's not the only one though.

I guess that's true too ... I know spanish and french have more complex grammar ... and japanese which has an easier grammar than english, gets difficult when we get to write it. Having to learn hiragana, katakana and over 1400 kanji symbols isn't easy unless you've been studying japanese for a while.

OK. So will I.

Which is why I prefer to listen to movies and TV shows in their original language, even if I'm not familiar with it.

-airfox

5. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I'd argue this one. English is a long standing language and due to its history is a mongrel hybrid of germanic and romantic languages, with vocabulary drawn from all over the place. Most other languages have had a more 'stable' history. Because of this, English has a ton of rules, and an equal amount of exceptions to those rules making it fairly inconsistant. Even native English speakers have problems with some of these, let alone non-native speakers. Additionally, you have to toss in the multitude of regional differences. Some of these regional differences are so great as to make it difficult for two people who technically speak the same language to actually discuss things.

I dont think it's as 'easy' as you think it is. In fact, everything I've read comments on English being a very difficult language to learn to speak well precisely because of all these nuances. To bring up the Japanese example again, English is a requirement for Japanese students in their course work, but as any anime fan can tell you, their skill at actually speaking it often leaves much to be desired.

6. Leonheart

Leonheart New Member

the movie will be great