Journeyman .01x03: "Game Three"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Witwicky Camaro, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    {{Spoilers?}}

I was pretty skeptical about this series when they announced it. The actor reminded me too much of Michael Anthony Hall (or Daniel Craig) at first glance (don't ask); I blame his wardrobe and mannerism displayed in the foggy NBC promos.

Naturally, shows like Quantum Leap or Tru Calling immediately came to mind, but its different in its execution. He certainly doesn't relive the present day like Tru Davies, or take the place of famous (or not so famous) people from the past, aided by his holographic buddy Al. Anyhow, I watched Episode Three, Game 3, out of sheer impulse (I wasn't doing anything) and ended up enjoying it. I didn't expect to enjoy it, but I did. I question the ex-lover (Livia Beale) not knowing Dan Vasser got married to his brother's ex, Katie. I mean, she travels through time, doesn't she stop by for visits or check-ups?

Bionic Woman, however, is boring as lint, most likely due its Plane-Jane Actress and less than-stellar performances. Gravity defying leaps over buildings (or doing a mid-air bicycle run in a factory whilst being shot at) is not enough to get me into it.

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm really digging Journeyman so far. It's certainly sort of Quantum Leap-ish, but Dan is his own Al, and (as far as we know) there's no fictional technology component. (I suppose it's possible that some unseen entity/agency is influencing Dan's traveling, though.)

The reveal of Livia's status as a... journeywoman?... in the first episode was a nice twist I didn't see coming. And I was thrilled at the way they ended it, eschewing the cliched I-must-answer-my-calling-and-sacrifice-my-own-happiness-and-family bit, instead having Dan cleverly proving his time traveling to Katie and simultaneously reaffirming his commitment to her.

Livia seems able to control her travels to an extent. Should be interesting to see Dan try to learn to do so.

Unfortunately, I must also agree with you on Bionic Woman so far. I'll give it a few more episodes, but it's not engrossing me at all yet. The second episode was no help, as the bad guys may as well have been cardboard standups -- no explanation of who they were or why they were trying to gas people. (Also no explanation or exploration of why the one girl was immune to the gas.) And yeah, the bicycling legs are just cringe-worthy. :thumbdown 

3. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

I like this show as well. I always enjoyed Quantum Leap. It's not as good as QL was, but it's growing on me.

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    If it's not a good as Quantam Leap I may have to pass. My Mondays are already pretty full TV wise. As for your take on Bionic Woman, maybe you pinpointed my lack of interest. If it was Milla Jovavich maybe I could try watching it but that chick looks lame.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

On the Bionic Woman topic, I enjoyed the first episode, but the 2nd fell flat. We'll see how ep. 3 is tomorrow night.

Though Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from BSG) is the whole reason to watch the show. Great character. Much more interesting than the lead so far.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I haven't watched Journeyman due to work or as of last night, MNF. But it looks impressive and I did enjoy Quantam leap. I'll catch up on them on NBC.com.