Josh Nizzis LongHaul

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Simian, May 1, 2009.

1. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I don't know about what you guys think, but I feel Josh's LongHaul design is awesome....It is the only bot that has a strong G1 vibe but remains consistant with the Bayverse feel.

I can look at that bot and immediatley know what I am looking at...no spikey shards of metal, a completely discernable head and face, legs and arms that have substance and are solid...

I just think it is a solid design, very nice work...I kinda wish Mr Nizzi would have been the lead bot designer....This is a much more coherent style that fits within Bays parameters...

:thumbs2:  to Josh....!!!!

Im not slamming the other designs...LongHauls just seems to be the most coherent.....Of the Con's anyway......

2. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Long Haul is easily my favorite of the movie Constructicon designs though I think they all look good onscreen.

The Deluxe & Voyager Class toys look mostly crap ( apart from Mixmaster ) and I think they are a victim of the movie design aesthetic which makes really accurate toy representations difficult to say the least.

Long Haul however has a more traditional look and if his FAB is anything to go buy a Voyager Class version could turn out to be the best of the individual Constructicons.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ya kinda did, several times.

It's cool that Josh's design got into the movie, and that it fits with the other Constructicons, but I'm not a fan of the almost boring look to it. Every other bot has a cool aspect, like Mixmaster's big sheilded arms, Rampage's whips or Demolishor's big wheels. Longhaul doesn't really have this at all.

I like the ornamental designs like Megatron, though I'm not sure if you meant him or someone else. The curved, segmented lines and flow of parts gives the feel that he was once royalty, but also makes him look more brutal.

4. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I don't dislike the other designs...I just like The aesthetic of LongHaul more...but hey, that's just my opinion. No reason Megs couldn't have the regal look another way, in addition, no reason Mixmaster couldn't have the shields as well, yet still have a different aesthetic too...

Trust me I am by no means a hater....I love this shit...

5. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

AWESOME, KICKASS design, Josh.

Just look at this thing of beauty. Distinguishable face, two hands, two feet. What do you know? Such a thing is possible in a real live action movie! :p 

I do like most of the movie designs, but the more distinguishable the better.

HUGE kudos Josh! Thanks for contibuting your vision to this movie!! May we see much more of it in TF3!

6. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

Yep long haul has to be one of my new favourites he better not die.

Anyone get the feeling maybe mixmaster isint boss maybe its longhaul?

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All new movie designs are alot more solid, no doubt due to Josh's influence on the team.

8. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Agreed with all of that that.

9. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It looks amazing. It just looks... tough.

10. AMG

AMG Old School

I really like the design, very solid and imposing.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    shame about the weedy-looking toy