Jonah Hill

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by scalan15, Jun 9, 2009.

1. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

He was offered Ramon Rodriguez's role as Leo first, and negotiations fell through, I heard that he had talked to Judd Apatow and decided not to take the part because he felt he would be selling himself out, and should continue to do Apatow's comedies and play the part of the vulgar fat guy who says crazy things, lol . So he turns down a role in one of the biggest movies ever, then what does he do? He takes a role in Night at the Museum 2 as a security guard, one of the most pathetic cameos I've ever seen, so unfunny I actually felt sorry for him. Talk about selling out. I hope this guy's career goes down the drain quickly since it seems his head has ballooned to triple the size.

2. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

Yeah, I've never really cared for him myself. Never felt he was a good actor.

3. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

Why would you wish that to somebody? Just let him be and let him make his own choices.

4. OptimusPrim3

OptimusPrim3 Active Member

Haters will hate.

5. scalan15

scalan15 Banned

Who likes egotisic celebrities? with the way the economy is today, some people can't even get a job, yet this guy turns down a roll in this movie because it's not up to his par. the guy should realize how lucky he is, how many ugly fat guys make it into a movie?

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

Yeah, I don't really care for him.

7. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

Hill and Rogen are pretty much the same - 'actors' who think that shouting a lot equals funny.

They're wrong.

8. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

Just like any other actor, I think he's funny in the right role. I've seen a lot of fans feel like they've been personally snubbed by him not appearing in the Transformers movie. It never really phased me, honestly. The cameo in Night at the Museum was literally one scene, though.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it was the shooting schedule for Transformers 2 that he had a problem with, along with the fact that it was just a "zany fat guy" role that didn't really have anything to do with the plot. I never saw any interviews or reactions that said that he didn't want to "sell out." Considering he was in Horton Hears a Who, and is working on another children's movie in the future.

As for the part about working in the biggest movie ever; well, it's not like he'd be making the same money as Megan Fox or Shia Lebouf. Actors would rather work on a dedicated project than work around a schedule for a quick cameo.

If you guys recall, in the original news reports, he had indicated that he was interested. He's said in interviews that he, like many other guys his age, was a big Transformers fan when he was a kid. It was just a matter of priorities.

9. skidz180

skidz180 Observer

I know. I feel you. But I don't understand the hate. don't hate what you can't change. Just let it be. He's insignificant. Use this rule and your life will be a lot more fun. Trust me!

10. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

There's got to be something broken inside you somewhere if you don't find Seth Rogen funny :p 

Well, in everything except maybe "Observe And Report", but only because in that movie he lacked the adlibbing freedom that Apatow gives him.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    So true. Actors make millions of dollars for what amounts to three months of work, while the majority of the production team in which hundreds work on the film editing and such for 1+ years don't even make that much in a lifetime for multiple movie. Those actors sicken me.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actualy like him for giving up the spot. because now we got Rodriguez.