Jon Chu for Transformers???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OP84, Dec 14, 2011.

1. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I just saw the trailer for G.I. Joe: Retaliation and I liked the new direction that was taken which is a much grittier war film than the first. Would you be interested if this newcomer was to ever direct a Transformers sequel/reboot?

2. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

no jon chu

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best you ask after Retaliation, once we know exactly how well Chu handles a movie which doesn't involve dancing.

4. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean the guy who made this?

[​IMG]

No, please no! ;) 

I've never seen such low movie rating after 50 000 votes.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that's because it's all trolls :lol 

and i agree, let's wait until AFTER the movie.

trailers always make movies and games look better then they really are.

remember the trailer to gundam crossfire??

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire PlayStation 3 Trailer - - YouTube

looks awesome right? but what we ended up getting was late ps1, early ps2 graphics, on a ps3 game, with water that acts as a solid sheet, horrible ai's. and water bleeding into the ground.

don't judge a movie based on the trailer.

trailers are often very missleading.

sure! the trailer does look great. but we all know that doesn't mean squat!

let's see the movie, and then you can say if he should do transformer 4 or 5 or what ever.

also this is why i generally ignore trailers. they normally make movies/games look better then they actually are.

it's not until you get to the movie theater, and see it, or see actual game play, for video games, that you learn the truth.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd want to see how well Jon Chu moves from dance films to action films before crowning him one of the great action movie directors. But given how choreographing a dance sequence for a film is like choreographing the great fight sequences in the cool kung fu films, it might be a pretty cool transition.

I know it's only a trailer but from a nostalgia point of view Jon Chu seems to be doing more for old Joe fans than some other directors. Cobra Commander has a battle mask instead of that stupid thing from the first movie. Jinx has her blind fold. The red ninjas have red costumes. Just a lot of old school elements mixed in with the new stuff.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. Also no M. Night shamalian or however you spell his f***ing name.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

This is what has mean concerned about doing GI Joe.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Just saying, someone brought up gundam crossfire, say what you will about the graphics, that game was fun as hell, still love playing that game

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

that's not the point! :lol 

the point was that things change from trailer to final.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Of course the trailer looked good, that was the POINT. It's advertising, it's MEANT to make the movie look totally awesome so people will go and watch it, thinking that's what the movie is like. It's like suggesting M.Night should be the next director after only watching the trailer for Avatar: The Last Airbender. The trailer looked good (as it needs to be to attract audiences), but the movie itself is amazingly bad, which in no small part has to do with how M. Night himself screwed up the source material in multiple ways, such as forcing Aang to be pronounced "Uung" because he wanted it that way.

Again, as I said in your previous director suggestion thread (which you seem to have ignored), you need to provide much more solid evidence of WHY you think this director would be good. At least with Justin Lee you brought up Fast Five, which was a good movie, but now you're just using a single trailer as evidence for Jon Chu.

Really, do some freaking RESEARCH on these guys before you start throwing their names out there, saying they're the next best thing for Transformers. I'm sure that you wouldn't have suggested Jon Chu had you known he was the director for the Justin Bieber movie (which, even taking into account the fact the score probably is only that low because of people who hate him, is most likely still really bad in the ratings).