Jolt!

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by BlitzFire, Mar 7, 2008.

1. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So...this time around I am going to review Jolt.

First impression......its a purple bugatti veyron......below for comparisons:

[​IMG]
    pic from hasbro.com
    [​IMG]
    pic from conceptcarz.com

pretty similar (the toy pic makes it look more like a minivanesque sorta vehicle but its definetly based on the veyron IMO.

Anyways.......alt form:

well other then that its purple its a good looking mold. The removable spoiler is a nice touch (kinda goes with the veyrons spoiler that pops up and down). I can skip on the big purple blast that goes in the spoiler to turn it into "turbo mode". The robot is fairly well hidden, nothing really on the bottom sticking out.

Transformation......its not too hard....a few tricky spots but overall its definetly not the hardest one ive done (i think voyager size thundercracker was hardest IMO). I can't remember how many steps but they are fairly straight forward.

Bot mode:

[​IMG]
    pic from hasbro.com

I dont know about the bot mode. It seems to be lacking something. Im not big on the huge spikes sticking out of his back (they are the side skirts in alt mode) Kinda takes up a lot of room for no reason Unless i transformed him wrong, which is quit possibly LOL. His gun is kinda funny looking due to the fact that its the spoiler. The picture does most of the talking for me. Its missing that Oompf factor. Anybody understand what i mean?

but again.....although this figure is not overly awesome....I picked up for collections sake and that fact that its an exclusive and part of the movie deluxe line.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Once again in the minority I never was a huge fan of the Cybertron crosswise mold. But I've turned down few Decepticon releases in recent years so I picked up Jolt anyway, plus I loved the G2 Jolt homage. I need to find a sword for it....in fact one of my old Ninja Turtle toys had a curved blade sword like G2 Jolts, I just may have to cut the handle down to size. Plus its purple so it would fit in! If I do I'll make sure to post pics.

3. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bro, stealing images isn't cool. Atleast credit the site you're stealing bandwidth from.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I bought it because "Allspark Power Jolt" sounded funny.

I hate the figure.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    If you TF it right, the railguns point up and back, not just bac.... they should be clearly visible behind his head. You can also point them forward, they make big hip guns (note the molded detail on the inner-side?

6. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    edited

7. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Not piggy backing but I didnt want to make another thread

jolt review:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The Crosswise mold is kinda hard to start transforming without pulling the rear side sections all the way off accidentally, but it's a great looking mold in both modes when the paint isn't bright and gaudy. Personally, I find Jolt the only color version other than the original Crosswise that is worth getting.