Customs: Jolt back fix?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Shadow25, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing I hate about deluxe Jolt is that his back does not lock in, so whenever you move his arms, his back lifts up on the hinge.

I just got myself a hobby knife for some basic modding. I took Jolt apart to see what kind of head movement he'd get without the triangle piece, and I noticed his entire back/arm assembly is just in there. It just sits on a couple of grooves, so it cmae right out.

So, I was perhaps thinking that adding some superglue might tighten that up? I can post pics at request. I just really want to eliminate this flaw from my figure.

2. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

I'd like to see what's in there. We know that he has a good range of motion without that Triangle back there; unfortunately, it's clearly visible in the concept art, so it definitely belongs. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to put it on a hinge, so I can at least lean it back from his head some..

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll post some pics, just give me a little while. The triangle doesn't bother me so much as his loose back. As you said the triangle is movie-accurate, but the loose back is just a serious fundamental flaw.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

The back does hing, but considering the heavy use of that joint, any layer of superglue you put on it is gonna be reduced to nothing very quickly. A permanent extra joint/lock would be better imo, but don't ask me what that is, i'll have to figure it out.