JoJo's Bizzarre Adventure anime

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SydneyY, Dec 27, 2007.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My brother is recommending me to watch the anime version of Part 3 of this IMO great comic (OK, I have only read part 1 and 3, but still).

The thing is, I don't watch much anime at all except for the stuff my kids watch, and my tolerance level is stuck at the early 80s. I admit I'm a chicken.

So, I'd like to ask anyone who's seen the series, how gory is it? I read somewhere the scene Vanilla Ice hurts Iggy is pretty bad :( 
    (And my brother doesn't tell me, bastard.)

Thank you for your input in advance :) 

2. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

It can get pretty gory. I have all of the DVDs. The weird thing is that they animated the last half of the story in the early 90s and then did the begining in like 98 or 99.

So it starts looking super clean and computer made then you get Cel animation on disc 4 I think.

They skip some of the parts from the manga and change a few things but overall its pretty awesome. The fight with Dio and Jojo at the end is freakin great. I also love Iggy in the anime.(The scene where Iggy dies is very sad!!)

3. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I heard of the strange time difference and order how they were made, but didn't know they looked that different. From some screencaps I saw I quite like the look.

I guess it all depends on Iggy...
    Wonder why I can probably stomach a scene where a bad guy gets 10000 holes punched into his body, but not where a dog gets kicked. Apparently that goes for many people as far as I read some reviews.

4. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    The series wasnt bad, I enjoyed it at the time I watched it

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Dio is so bad ass he can dress like a fruitcake and still instill fear. He has a frikken heart on his belt and he is still one of the most scary villans out there.