JoJo's Bizarre Adventures figures - anyone got them?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the hook up. Looks like the SAS would be in line with some Figuarts with SHF Piccolo being a smidge taller.

[​IMG]

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem dude - I'm pleased that the figures are in the 6 inch scale! In the meanwhile, I'm targeting SH Arts Piccolo and Goku!

3. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    About time we got some information on Part IV.
    ?????????????????????
    I'm so excited, but the new release schedule is worrying me.
    But then again the translator is wonky. Something is mentioned about Joseph and Iggy in July though.

March: Crazy Diamond
    May: Josuke
    July: Killer Queen
    August: Kira

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dang! He looks nice and I must admit that I am tempted to pick him up! I'm also interested in the Kinnikuman (ULTIMATE MUSCLE) line but I am worried that the line would be as comprehensive as Romando's line (although the figures lose out in terms of articulation and sculpt).

5. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I am excited for Kinnikuman as well but I might pass if the titular character isn't coming within the next year.

Someone helped translate this part on a JoJo message board.
    September onwards : Okuyasu, The Hand, Rohan, 4th part Jotaro, 4th part Star Platinum
    More IV stuff and another Jotaro? Man, they whore that guy out. Makes sense for Jotaro since he wears a retooled White outfit but another Star Platinum (good thing I've held off on buying him I guess)?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Also I have started reading Part III finally.

6. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks for the translation! I'm not surprised that we're going to see another Jotaro though. As much as I am a fan of the character and his stand, I will need to see the colours and mold changes in the above version though. For now I will just wait for the release of Joseph and Iggy. In terms of collecting toys, I'm going through a major down scaling as I have too many stuff.

As for Kinnikuman, I'm very wary of getting the line because I don't wish to collect a line that is neither here nor there. For example, earlier series from other brands had only characters from the "Akuma Shogan" arc, while others only had characters from the 2nd Chojin Olympics arc (Mircoman series - if I remember correctly).

The only company I know that has the most characters are from Romando. They have virtually all the important characters released. Even characters like Meat, the King etc.

However, the only drawback is that figures aren't that articulated and some of the QC on the earlier figures are bad i.e. seam lines can be seen etc. Check out the link below:

˜Q™Ö“°ƒLƒ““÷ƒ}ƒ“ƒVƒŠ￾[ƒY￾`—Bˆê‚ÌŒö”Fƒy￾[ƒW￾`

It contains the toylines from various companies such as Bandai, Romando etc. IMO the characters Medicos have to release at the very least are:

1) Kinnikuman (naturally)
    2) Robin Mask
    3) Terryman
    4) Warsman
    5) Ramenman
    6) Buffaloman
    7) Akuman Shogan
    8) Ashuraman
    9) Brocken Jr.
    10) Kinnikuman Super Phoenix

7. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I feel you on the Kinnikuman line. Most of my knowledge comes from Ultimate Muscle (the U.S. dub of Kinnikuman II) and scouring the Wikis so I probably won't be getting into the line too much. I really need to find some downloads of some translated Manga actually.

I'm surprised you didn't add Kinnikuman Great.

8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I didn't list Kinnikuman the Great because he's someone in "disguise" so so the spoilers say...;) 

Yeah, with regards to the Medicos line...I don't want to collect a line that's neither here nor there. Its a collector's nightmare for me! X)

With regards to manga, you can check out OneManga.com. The initial chapters are extremely silly as Kinnikuman was meant to be a parody of the Legendary Ultraman, where the titular character fights "kaiju" or monsters.

Then, the writer started changing "focus" to wrestling and the manga is an amazing tribute to the great wrestlers of the '60s and '70s...if you're a wrestling fan and an anime/manga fan it is an amazing storyline. But I have to forewarn you, it can either get you hooked or turn you off completely! LOL!

9. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Sheesh, I just read the first twenty chapters of Kinnikuman. It's funny but it's really episodic. When do I start getting to the huge overarching wrestling stories?

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Things start picking up from Chapter 27 onwards? Its the beginning of the first Chojin (Super human Olympics). Of course, there's the "qualifying" rounds first...its when they start going into the final rounds that the "wrestling starts".

From there, the various arcs start such as the following arcs such as Kinnikuman's tour of the USA (chapters 50 to 80?), more kaiju fighting (up to 90?), 2nd Olympics (91 to 120+), The Devil Chojins (120+ to 160+) The Golden and Silver mask arcs (160+ to 200+) and the rest. My bad for not being more precise but its been quite awhile since I read them and I stopped at the Golden and Silver mask arcs?

The impression I've given is that writer eventually "chose" the wrestling theme because in the end, it proven to be a successful formula for the franchise.

11. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Finally got to the first Chojin and I am now hooked on this series.
    I snapped and purchased an SAS Robin Mask as well...

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    LOL! Can't say I blame ya dude - the mixture of off-beat characters, quirky story-lines and professional wrestling can be a potent combo! X)

I may get the SAS figures but only a few of them such as Kinnikuman, Robin Mask, Terryman, Warsman and Ramenman! The articulation is amazing!

13. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    When I first watched Ultimate MUSCLE I always wondered why Kid was so "off". Then I read what his father did in his younger years... man, where did this writer get his ideas from.

Hopefully Medicos does announce Terryman and Kinnikuman soon. Can't imagine this line without them. I can't wait to buy four of these guys and pull off "Muscle Docking".

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I hope you have been enjoying the manga so far dude! I thought I pose some of my Kinnikuman toys from the Romando line.

[​IMG]

The QC for the first line isn't so good as compared to the later ones though.

15. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I just got past the American Tour and wow this manga is fun. But poor Robin Mask...
    Actually some of those figures don't look to bad. I just can't seem to find them online anywhere.

[​IMG]

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    If you mean, the Romando figures - yeah, they're almost impossible to find on ebay. You can try yahoo Japan auctions but you will need to use a proxy to get them. For me, some shops brought them in ages ago! X)

Glad you're enjoying the series so far! About Robin Mask...he's tougher than we think! ;) 

17. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Surprising news from JoJo land. The World 2nd has been announced for April. Also comes with MUDA MUDA MUDA stand. Is Shadow Dio in the works as well?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    What's the story behind this World? Was there feedback that earlier version's colours were too bright? And what's a "Shadow Dio"?

19. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I can't recall exactly where I saw this The World but a pale one has been shown in previous works but I do not remember the bright hearts. "Shadow Dio" is a name from the JJBA fighting game that described Dio's first appearance in Part III I believe, the shirtless one with a dark shadow hiding his face.

[​IMG]

20. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Update time! And now something for you LigerPrime.
    [​IMG]