JoJo's Bizarre Adventures figures - anyone got them?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice Blue Star Platinum with the ORA ORA ORA stand!
    [​IMG]

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh! I'm most pleased about the stand! I pre-ordered the blue Star Platnium 2 months back and my store has yet to receive it! X(

I also missed your earlier posting on Dio and if I had less financial commitments, I would be already collecting the 12 inch line-up! :( 

3. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    That Star Platinum 2 is looking very sexy. I do hope they keep this style of word bubbles for future releases. The white background looks much better than the translucent plastic background.

And about the 12 inch Dio since his clothing looks removable I wonder if they put the Joestar birthmark on his back.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    That's a good question...I'm leaning towards Medicom would put the Joestar mark because the line-up is pretty well know for its "quality" towards fan service. On the other hand, they might not due to some cost saving measure.

5. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Whoa, they actually have the decapitation scar. RAHs do go all out (good thing for that price point).
    [​IMG]

6. Hate-triot

News Credits:
  7. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    You're not alone dude - don't forget that I'm the thread starter! LOL! I was about to post but you beat me to it! I just received a call from my import shop that Dio is in. However because they called pretty late, I will pick him up tomorrow! I've post my picture of him and the World also! I'm just waiting for the rumored "Joesph and Iggy and I'm done with the series! :) 

8. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    You just might change your mind once you see the Part IV figures come out :) 

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I know what you mean! I saw pictures of Crazy Diamond but I think I better stop as I'm running out of space! LOL! Besides the Jotaro's arc is the best IMO. X)

10. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Hey man, I'm still waiting for your pictures of your JoJo collection. While I don't agree with Stardust Crusaders being the best arc it is definitely the best arc of the "trilogy". You should really try giving the other arcs a reading run through though.

Also are you into Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E.?
    Medicos is using the SAS body to do that line as well.

Not related (besides using the same base body) but hell we're the only two in here anyway.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh!!! I'm tempted by the above figures! In fact I just saw the above in the Hobby Japan magazine I bought! And yes, I just collected my Dio! However, I will post pictures either tonight or tomorrow as I'm going out again! I don't even have time to open him up! Bummer!

With regards to the M.U.S.C.L.E figures...I didn't know that such a line-up existed! Has the lead character been released? Frankly, I would prefer if they gave us characters from "Tiger Mask" instead! X)

By the way, which country are you from? Do you reside in Asia, Europe or the USA? :)  I'm curious how you get your fix of these wonderful toys!

12. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I live smack dab in the middle of the U.S. so my options are limited (and quite expensive). Which is why I will probably wait until Josuke and Crazy Diamond come out then work my way backwards through the line (but damn the wait is KILLING ME).

I ran the Medicos blog site (?????????????????????) and this is the gist of the line:
    Coming in late January 2010 (Starting with Robin Mask)
    It will cost about ¥3,800
    April will see the release of Warsman with Buffaloman coming in March.
    Prototypes for Ramenman, Kinnikuman Super Phoenix, and Kinnikuman Soldier have been completed.

[​IMG]

Odd that Kinnikuman himself wasn't announced.

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Wow! I'm surprised that Kinnikuman hasn't been announced yet! I must admit that the figures look amazing! Are the same scale as the JoJo figures? I think so right? I have no knowledge of this anime or manga so, I think I will give it amiss.

I'm amazed that you're so into lines like JoJo because the manga and anime caters to the Asian market and yet, you managed to get expose to it and appreciate the storylines and the figures! I take it that the Crazy Diamond storyline is your fave?

You can check out ebay for some of the older figures. I bought most of them from a HK seller and they were pretty affordable - I can't recall the prices now though. Some of them were as low as US$25-28 excluding shipping?

I was thinking of picking up some of the Medicom 12 inch figures but after looking at my 12 inch figures which are in storage, I decided not to. Maybe if Star Platinum had articulation, I would have changed my mind.

What other Japanese toylines do you collect? Do you collect Revoltech? I'm almost done with Revoltech's Fist of the North Star. I'm waiting for Yulia (if she ever comes out) and I'm done with the line.

14. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    It probably all started because I was stationed in Japan as a kid and all the anime and mecha was imprinted into my psyche hahaha.

The reason I got into JoJo was because I am a huge fighting game fan and Capcom's JoJo game was so phenomenal that I just had to read the back story on it. I have read a little of every arc but "Diamond is Unbreakeabe" (Part IV) kind of goes away from the "save the world" type of story and more into "solve the crazy mysteries around the city". The characters were also more believable as high school students than the other arcs (I'm looking at you Jotaro). It probably has the most entertaining villains of all the arcs as well.

I did try Revoltech but I had a hard time liking the line. Great toys to display but there really finicky to actually play with. I am a huge fan of S.H.Figuarts though and about to get into the Robot Damashii line.

The Kinnikuman figures have the same exact base body as the JoJo line so they should be in scale (both series' are under the Super Action Statue title).

[​IMG]

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I see, I see! I don't blame you for liking Japanese toys. The toys they make are simply fantastic. Even their vinyl toys like Ultraman and Gojira are amazing. What they lack in articulation, they make up in paint applications and durability!

I'm in 2 minds with regards to Revoltech because as nice as they are, they're short. Barely reaching 6 inches which is the minimum standard for human figures. The tallest is pretty close to the JoJo characters. And you're right...they seem finicky! LOL!

That's why I'm getting SH Arts Piccolo and Goku - they're around 5.9 inches so they won't look out of place with the rest of my other toys such as Marvel Legends and DC Universe. I get what you mean with the Jotara saga! LOL! At times it feels over the top!

If you're thinking into getting into the Robot Tamashi line - they're well made. I have a few but some of the quality is a mixed bag! I can see the cut marks on some of the figures I have!

I will post pictures of Dio and the World for you - seeing that you're a fan also! X)

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Here here go some pictures! Kindly ignore the "stamp" date as I've no idea how to remove it! :) 

I'm so impressed by Dio! Medicos has done an amazing job with this line-up!

i) Dio with knives! Guess who's he gonna stick them in?

[​IMG]

ii) Someone's gonna to be in a world of hurt!

[​IMG]

iii) The main characters with their stands!

[​IMG]

iv) The 2 most powerful stands facing off!

[​IMG]

17. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Fantastic pictures. I'm happy to see they still look fantastic outside of the professionally done studio pictures.

Do you have any pictures of the SAS next to other toy lines?
    Thanks.

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Sorry dude but what do you mean by SAS? LOL!

19. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Haha, should have clarified SAS stands for "Super Action Statue".
    Check the front of your JoJo boxes ;) 

20. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I took 2 pictures comparing Star Platinum to MOTU He-man and DC Universe Bat-man (wave 1), Revoltech Kenshiro, Transformers Henkei Ratchet and Robot Tamashii Exia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was pleased when I discovered the JoJo line being in the 6 inch scale and that's what ultimately sold me the line! :)