JoJo's Bizarre Adventures figures - anyone got them?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Resurrection time!

How much do the SAS figures typically cost to ship to the U.S. from Mandarake? I know they have a 500 yen fee for anything that costs under 5000 yen, just want to make sure they wont cost like $20 apiece to ship.

Well shit, I hesitated and they sold the Joseph w/ Iggy that I wanted, it was only 4000 yen too. Question still stands though, I'll be looking out for another one and probably will be ordering other figures from there.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Mandarake actually ditched the fee. As for shipping, that varies based on the figure size and what shipping method you want. Plus the dollar sucks against the yen. An Old Joseph could've been done under 20.

3. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have bought several SiCs from Mandarake and those didnt ship anymore expensive than Amiami or HLJ.

4. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    I'm looking to get some Jojo figures for my birthday next month and I was wondering where is the best place to get them?

5. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of want the Jotaro and a purple Star Platinum, but they're out of scale with everything else I have and I don't own any PAK anymore.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMO the scale is already - around the height (or just slightly) shorter than the average Marvel Legends and can fudge it...

The only question mark is their QC. I was told never to “change” attachments as it could damage the hole or even the attachments - something some collectors in my country found out.

Oh man...reading this thread really brings back memories...I read the manga until the ending of the original Jotaro story arc...one of the most original and entertaining manga I have ever read!

I think I have all the characters and stands from that arc too! :) 

7. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they make a DIO and the World it would be even more tempting for me. :lol 

We were talking about the latest BIG SAS figures that come in at about 25cm or 9.84 inches tall. These guys are like play arts kai size.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, Silver Chariot's fencing blade really terrifies me each time I handle it...thank goodness he had another sword!

Ah, my mind keeps going back to the old scale as I really like them...I was so disappointed that Medicos didn't continue with the Kinnikuman series but instead went into a new scale.

9. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I'm gonna make this thread like Okuyasu and come back to life.

There are a bunch of these guys being reissued and some of them are really tempting like the Crusaders and Morioh boys.

Also, does anyone know what the deal is with the part 7 and 8 figures?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    At this point it looks like SAS is keeping rereleases in line with the hype train caused by the anime series. Part 7 and 8's anime adaptations are so far flung hence their odd release schedule. It almost seems like Medicos would test the waters of Part 7 by only releasing the first edition of a character at WonFes and then doing a standard release some time later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really wish another company was doing these. I’ve seen them in person and online and they’re not very good. Way overpriced, not the greatest paint jobs, and the articulation interrupts the sculpts horribly.

With how big JJBA is you think we’d have better than this.

• Like Like x 2
  12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    IMO the figures are ok but Split Lip’s correct on the following areas:

1. Articulation breaks the sculpt.

2. QC regards to paint application is inconsistent.

Other than that, I really like the figures but retired after getting the entire cast of Stardust Crusaders + Dio and their stands.

My next focus will be another project of Medicos: Fist of the Northstar! Atatatata!

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I am all on and already have Ken POed. I still love the 20XX series but SAS will do justice. Overall I do love SAS but I agree there was a noticeable decline in paint apps around the reteleases, 1.5 releases, and Part V releases.

What release is SAS even on at this point?

• Like Like x 1
  14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Good to see ya again dude! I think I have most of the 200X except for Shin?

I really dig the sculpts but the drawback of the line was the scale (just like Revoltec)...I wanted something that fits in the 6 inch line...which I think Medicos can meet that requirement.

For the FOTNS line, I will be getting:

1. The Hokuto brothers (Jagi was shown but not Toki.

2. Rei (shown? Or announced)

3. Shin

3. Souther (shown or announced?)

4. Yurai

5. Shuu

6. Fudou

7. Yuda (may not get as he’s freaky! X) )

I hope Medicos doesn’t make the same mistake as it did with the Kinnikuman line and at least go up to Yuria!

15. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    So how are these figures? I wanted to pick up the Stardust Crusaders and Morioh boys.

16. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

The Part 3 figures are rougher in engineering than later figures due to their age. I've owned a few of them before and they're alright, I do enjoy them and their style, but I'm more partial to the Part 2 figures. Never owned anything from Part 4 but hopefully there's some improvement there.

17. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Pro tip: Don’t try to pose Old Joseph’s legs of you get one. The ball joints at the hips have weird pegs into the waist, and combined with the plastic being pretty brittle like NECA figures, they will break very easily. They need to redo that figure’s articulation like they did with Jotaro, but oddly he’s one of the few that hasn’t been re released from part 3 in the last few years.

Other than that, there’s other QC problems. My Crazy Diamond came with a broken wrist peg, and my blue clothing Giorno came with two of the left hands from his iconic jacket tug pose instead of l/r. My first Jonathan’s hip peg was too small for the ball socket and would just fall off. Joints will get stuck like NECA figures, so break out the boiling water or a hair drier.

Honestly, I haven’t noticed any bad paint jobs, granted I stopped collecting a couple years ago because I got all of the JoJo’s and villains from parts 1-6 in the color schemes I prefer so I don’t know how good any of their re-releases or newer figures have been. Kinda regret not getting Funny Valentine and 4DC though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

19. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Yeah, Whats the deal with the part 7 and 8 figures?

20. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Oh I didn’t know about that, must’ve of been recently put up because I looked at the Okuyasu preorder not long ago because he’s a character I wanted but he was expensive as hell at the time.

They’re following their old release structure. Release one color version first, never release that version again and instead do a second version that gets re released every couple years. It’s annoying as hell, especially when the festival exclusive versions or scheme that doesn’t get re released are considered the canon color scheme for the character or just look better. The festival Gyro looks so much better than the all blue/green look.