JoJo's Bizarre Adventures figures - anyone got them?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LigerPrime, Aug 28, 2009.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My goodness! I didn't know a company (Medicos) is finally producing decent toys of this series! Anyone have them and if so how's the quality? Here's the link for the figures:

’´‘œ‰Â“®bƒWƒ‡ƒWƒ‡‚ÌŠï–­‚È–`Œ¯@‘æŽO•”@-ƒXƒ^[ƒvƒ‰ƒ`ƒi-

’´‘œ‰Â“®bƒWƒ‡ƒWƒ‡‚ÌŠï–­‚È–`Œ¯@‘æŽO•”@-‹ó𳑾˜Y-

My bad if this has been posted before but I'm kinda excited by them and I did enjoy the anime - it was pretty good for its time!

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm getting the Medicom one [​IMG]

3. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh! I didn't know Medicom is releasing Jotaro! Will they release his "stand" Star Platinum?

4. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I don't have them (yet) but I hear they are pretty good.
    Here's the line up so far.

Jotaro and Star Platinum (sea green color)
    Polnareff and Silver Chariot
    Kakyoin and Heirophant Green
    Avdol and Magician's Red

Future figures in the series are:
    Dio and The World
    Star Platinum ver. 2 (dark blue version like the OVA)
    Joseph and Iggy
    Josuke and Crazy Diamond
    Kira and Killer Queen

They release one figure a month. First the Stand and the following month the User is released. I can't wait until the Part IV guys come out! :) 

[​IMG]

5. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Thanks man! By the way do you know what's up with the 2nd version of Star Platinum - especially with the color scheme? I could have sworn that both versions of the stand appeared in the OVA also.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I want a Dio Brando figure, although it will be a crime if he does not have a steamroller-thingamabob to pull off his infamous attack with it.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

Yes but it will be more of a statue than a figure

8. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I'm not sure. I guess fans wanted the Dark Blue. I was hoping there would be a Blue Jotaro coming as well and I think that is being planned but I can't find any sources to that claim.

9. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I've seen an unpainted version of Dio somewhere and he does look good! I believe he will be released after the World - who will be released next month.

Blast! If its an articulated figure I will pick it up! I'm not a fan of non-articulated stuff. Thanks for the reply by the way! :) 

Ok, I checked the anime shots and from the look of it SP first appears in the sea-green colour in the first few shots but in the final battle with Dio - he looks blue. Personally, I prefer the blue version - looks so superhero-ish! LOL!

10. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    For those who care, DIO!

[​IMG]

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh!!! I'm so going to get him! But first I got to hunt down the rest first! What I'm impressed is the extras that come into the figures. For example, Dio's knives!

I think I will stop at stage 3 characters as it has the most memorable storylines so far in the JoJo mythos.

12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yes! Finally received my JoJo's Bizarre Adventures figures...the cast of arc 3 to be specific. For those who are unfamilar with the series, it is currently one of the longest running manga in Japan and some of its characters have served as inspirations for er, computer game characters like SF's Guile and KOF's Benimaru!

Jotaro Kujo and his stand, Star Platinum!

[​IMG]

Mohammad Abdul and his stand, Magician Red!

[​IMG]

Jean Pierre Polnareff and his stand, Silver Chariot!

[​IMG]

I'm quite impressed by the level of details on the toys with alot of extras such as hands, special effect parts! Heck, the figures even have "colour shading" on the toys! X) Highly recommended for JoJo fans!

13. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    LigerPrime, I am jealous!!

If I had enough money I want them all, but I want to at least get Joseph and Iggy. I think I read it somewhere they come together. Understandable considering Joseph's Stand isn't much...

14. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    LOL! You read the manga too? I read the English translated version and I really enjoyed it! Probably the best manga I read!

And yeah, I recall reading somewhere that the next releases will be "The World" and "Dio" before Act 4 characters are released. Joseph Joestar and Iggy will be released in the middle of next year!

Iggy is so cute in the manga and the OVA which I watched first. The OVA cut short on alot of the manga's enemy stands but it was pretty enjoyable! I will post more pixs as I just opened them today! Ora! Ora! OOOORRAAA!!! X)

[​IMG]

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of part 3! I decided not to watch OVA, though.

16. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Wonderful pics Ol' Chap! I personally cannot wait for next year's line-up since I started reading Part IV. I still need to crack open Part III but I already know most of the plot-points from the video game and the OVA :( .

17. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I still think part 3 is still the best but then again, I only read the first 3 parts! LOL! Why did u give the OVA a miss?

Thanks! By the way, you have the manga? If so is it the Japanese or English versions? Although I know the key elements of the storyline when I watched the OVA, I still read the manga as I felt it contains the "original" version of the writer/artist. True enough, the manga had more surprises and more enemy stands.

I shall later post pictures of Silver Chariot who surprisingly came with...an enemy stand! The toyline is indeed impressive! X)

18. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I might have to give the Part III manga another shot then. I wish that the entirety of Stardust Crusaders was out in the US so I wouldn't have to rely on scans so much (I need more bathroom periodicals after all).

I await more amazing pictures from you. Also could you have a shot of the Medicos JoJo figures next to some other well known figure lines for a size comparison?

[​IMG]

19. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh! Those are act 4 characters yes? I recognise the character on the left - er, Crazy Diamond! One thing I'm wary of is the colour schemes of the characters. For example, Star Platinum has appeared in "purple" in Kotabuya (spelling) toylines, green in the Medicos line and later in blue (OVA) colours?

Another example is Noriaki Kakyoin. On some of the manga's covers, his hair is pink/purple but in the OVA his hair is black in colour.

I suspect that they will be OVA colours version of the toys soon! X)

Anyway, I think I read that the creator is working very closely with Medicos so I guess I don't have to worry of colour accuracy.

Dude, I apologise I can't provide pictures for now because I had to return back the camera but I promise I shall do so with the next week or so. I wanted to post a comparison picture with a DC Universe character - wave 1 Batman and Silver Chariot was just half a head shorter? He's around 16.5-17cm?

Surprisingly the JoJo figures are in the 6 inch scale as most Japanese toys are 4-5 inches - I'm looking at you - Revoltech's Fist of the North Star! X)

I like my toys to be in the 6 inch scale as they will be consistent with my ML, DC figures! However, I find the JoJo figure's limbs are thin?

20. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Yeah, these are customs but we will be seeing Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen in the 2010 line which is incredible.

I can't recall the source but I remember Araki saying he really doesn't have a set in stone color scheme for his characters so that's why there are so many different interpretations.

Thanks for the size comparison. My collection is made up mostly of Figuarts so that's good news for me. Now I can give Rider 1 a Stand!