JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Read it now!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Spartan-117, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Seriously, this has got to be the best manga I've ever read. It apparently holds the title of longest ongoing manga, it's at over 600 chapters and still going strong.
    For those of you who don't know the story starts in Victorian Britain and follows the Joestar family and their battles all the way to 2014, it's full of brilliant art, amazing characters and inventive battles.
    Everyone should read it. Go do it now!
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Manga - Read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure manga scans online | One Manga

2. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA and WRYYYYYYYYYYYY.

That is to say yes, at least the second time period/arc is highly recommended.

3. Spartan-117

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!
    It's the third arc for that stuff!

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, thanks for the link! I'll certainly read it.
    I followed it up to the beginning of part 4 back in the day on Shonen Jump :D 

Anyone following Steel Ball Run?

5. Spartan-117

Yep. SBR chapters seem to be a bit of bitch to find though. Up to volume five can be found here:
    Part III
    and I'm told these guys are pretty rapid with the Stone Ocean stuff:
    AnonIB : JoJo Project

6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome :D 

I spoilt myself reading a Stone Ocean plot summery some time ago, but it'd be still cool to actually look at Araki's drawing, which I love.

7. Spartan-117

I read the summary for Stone Ocean as well but it really doesn't do it justice. There are still surprises and stuff to be had.

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I love the original anime. Dio dresses as bad as a she-ra character(He has a heart on his belt) But he is the one of the most evil and bad ass villains in anime. Even his sidekick Vanilla Ice is pretty evil, but nowhere near as bad as dio. The orginal Ova had some truly great animation and fight scenes.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Argh! I accidented posted in the wrong JoJo thread while doing a search! My bad, guys. Anyway, I have read through acts 1 to 3 and I really love the series although the first 2 acts can be cheesy! X)

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Just a vaguely side-notish question.

Doesn't this site have scans of thousands of pages of stuff that's actually sold in the US?

I checked onemanga and saw Parasyte, in full. Saw that at my comic store just this weekend.

How do they manage that?

- Coeloptera

11. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Many manga series are translated before the US gets ahold of them, and the site managers don't bother to police their site once the states get a hold of them. So if they were previously translated months or years ago and the states just got a hold of them, they will just leave it up there. The servers are usually in a country where the usa can't lay claim and the site owners are probably in new zeland. It also isn't affecting sales enough or they would try to go after them. Most sites will take manga down if they receive a ceist and decist order.

12. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I read up until the arc with Jotaro and stopped part of the way through. It was definitely entertaining and I'll probably pick it back up some day. Its definitely not the longest running though. Hajime No Ippo has over 860+ issues, iirc and is no where near stopping. I'm pretty sure that its not the longest running either.