Minor/Repaint: Johny swipe.. or is it sidecage?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jul 20, 2011.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there everyone! Seeing how I'm on vacation the next week and a half, I'm trying to play catch up on some of my commissions/favors.. What we have going on here tonight is a crossover idea that savio prime came up with. Mortal Kombat meets Transformers. You've already see CoolJazzCustom's versions of Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Savio had asked me to come up with a paint scheme for Johny cage. He wanted the figure to be based on the annihilation version of the character, so I went as close to it as I could with out getting to far from the original color pallet. The idea is that most "skin" colors were to be dry brushed flat black, and to go from there with the rest of the colors. Problem is that most of Johny Cage's character model is skin toned. So, I did the best that I could. I went with a slightly different style of damaged parts this time around adding in actual painted in chipping and scuffing. I had sent Savio a few pictures of what was going on and he mentioned that he wanted something a little more than what I had. So I came up with the idea that seeing how Cage's main attack is a green energy based attack that I would paint on a candied green flame pattern onto the front of the car, and he loved the idea! So I went with it, and I have to say, that for hand cut flames, while not perfect, came out not to shabby. once everything was painted, I put down a flat clear to protect everything, then went back in to the metallic details and put a gloss clear over them to bring out their metallicy goodness. Any who, I sure hope he likes what I'm sending him, and I hope that you guys enjoy the project as much as I did! THANKS!!

Attached Files:

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Duuude you gotta put shades on it some how.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya know.. I ws thinking about that too, but I just don't see how It could get done!

4. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

To make shades style eye pieces for my customs I use the plastic from a toothbrush container. Its very flexible yet holds a shape well, adheres to all glues Ive used and accepts all sorts of paints. You also get a new toothbrush which is always good. Mark the area off trim as needed and glue it directly inside the eyes are just under that crown he has.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, but then i lose the detail I put into his face, ;) . If I were going to maker him sunglasses, if make then so they're removable.

6. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    All it needs is his name tattooed on his stomach.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He had his name tattooed to his stomache??

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, the most recent incarnation had it on his chest. Johnny is modest like that :lol 
    [​IMG]

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well sonovabitch, he does.. Huh, dunno if savio prime wants that though, so I'm gonna leave it as is because its not on the game render he sent me, it wasn't on him :thumb . Thanks for ther idea though!

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

nice

11. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I like the custom,i just don't get a Jonny cage vibe from it.I would never guess that is who its supposed to be.

12. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I somewhat agree, but is what it is :) . The client likes it, so that's what is important to me :) .