Johnathan Lee Riches

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TJOmega, Nov 16, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    A while back there was a thread about a lawsuit filed against Michael Vick that accused him of stealing and selling two pitbulls on eBay to buy missiles from Iran and that he had pledged allegiance to Al-Qaeda, and was seeking $63 billion in gold and silver delivered by UPS. It was filed by Johnathan Lee Riches, an inmate of FCI Williamsburg who was imprisoned for online identity theft. I laughed and thought that was the end of it.

Then the name came up again, this time suing NASA over items he owns copyright on, including jet fuel, space suits, moon rocks, mercury, and DNA from pluto, and the issuing of a restraining order that said NASA could not send anything off the planet without his permission.

So I dug around and discovered he's written over a hundred of these lawsuits, each more insane than the last, including another he had written to Vick suing for $662 trillion this time, to be paid in British gold. Just the summaries are worth a laugh at. My personal favorite, Riches v Stewart:

If you need a laugh, it's worth a look. See if one of your favorite celebrities is among his list of lawsuits!

http://news.justia.com/cases/jonathan-lee-riches/

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    He deserves a pardon for making me LOL.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It actually makes me wonder what he did to get into jail in the first place. Was he batshit insane to begin with, of is he just desperately passing the time in the most creative way he can?

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm guessing that it's part passing time, part "OMG LOOK AT ME!", and part hope that someday someone will give him money to settle one of his wacky claims.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, I suppose it's better than shiving other inmates. Or getting shived. Or getting raped. And as a bonus, it grants us the aforementioned lols.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I mentioned it in the post, he's an identity thief and hacker. He references it a lot in his suits but they range from saying he was wrongfully imprisoned to listing it as part of his credentials.