John Cena On Transformers-Verse In Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by pie125, Apr 4, 2018.

1. IdiotBlaster

IdiotBlaster Banned

People love Bumblebee, and people are going to see this so that they can say just how much better it is than the Bay movies.

2. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

That doesn't mean people can't hold you up to what you said.

"Oh, I was just joking!" is not a free license to say mean and nasty things.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

Plus nobody has ever been able to explain why the hell people even started doing that.

I kind of wish they'd make it against the rules because it's so obnoxious.

4. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Those two terms are not interchangeable at all.

• Like Like x 2
  5. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wanna see Bumblebee do the "You can't see me" hand gesture in the film for fun :lol :

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I feel like John Cena is fairly straight-shooting. I still doubt that this movie will be good but it might be. Sure, he's trying to sell the movie, but he's not necessarily telling everyone that this film will be amazing cinema. Some of the things he says give me hope, and I hope to be pleasantly surprised by a movie I'm really ambivalent about.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TwitchingFool0

TwitchingFool0 Well-Known Member

Oh how I miss Paul.

8. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I love that he likes gobots!

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Literally ever actor who has ever said pre-release that they hated the movie only to recant later saying "My words were taken out of context, I actually liked this thing in the end" goes back to their original story after release day, unless the movie gets a sequel in which case they'll go back to the original story after the series ends. I cannot name an exception.

10. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

Shia Lebouf, Mark Walberg, now John Cena

• Like Like x 1
  11. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    If Bumblebee is successful. Paramount Pictures seems to be planning for a series of low budget spinoff movies based on characters like Ironhide, Ratchet etc.

He's always very into his roles. Loves to talk about them highly. Have you seen him on the Ellen Show?

Transformers Franchise has various iterations. There's no single story for a character. Each version is different from the other. This is his story according to the Live Action Iteration of the character. You can respect the iteration you love without disrespecting other versions which other people love. This whole franchise is about transformation. Literally and figuratively. That's what a TransFormers Fan should understand.

Have to wait and see. Haven't even seen a trailer yet. :) 

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    That's not a bad thing though. Means he loves his job. And who'd blame him? Look at some of the fun stuff he gets to do for movies and tv shows. From playing a super spy on Psych to an overprotective dad tossing teen boys into furniture in Blockers.

Not as true as often as you think. Many get pressured into saying that later because people keep hammering them about it and they want the subject to drop already years later. Take Shia and ROTF for example, he defended it for years until he finally got tired of people bothering him about it. Wasn't him changing his opinion, was him tired of getting lambasted for defending it and wanting to move forward. There's a whole stereotype to fans and how they treat some talents that's been a running gag in much of media since the 80s. So much so it's a large piece of what "Comic book guy" was based on in simpsons too. Doesn't mean those kinds of fans are right once they find their echo chambers to get louder. All it means is they become more annoying.

Mark Hamill for example had some serious questions about the direction his "ever hopeful" Luke Skywalker was going, but in retrospect, seeing the final product, hearing the next step for the vision and being walked through it, he started to see it. Again part of that is because of how quick "fans" are to deride him for various things in the new trilogy, and a big issue was probably also his concern about whether or not was going to end up being a deadbeat dad which isn't in Luke's character either. There's a loud vocal area that like forcing their opinions on others about what's bad or good and not looking at things from story/art perspectives in construction to the world itself. Many pulling the randomest things from thin air and making stuff up that was never a point or mattered, and then there are areas that like to stick their nose in and exasperate it when they really don't even care. Especially in this modern internet age. Thus creates the echo chamber effect of nonsensical whining.

13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Isn't it sad how simple of a concept this is and yet no one seems to get it?Why do we must always judge and disrespect other things so the stuff we're into has to be "way better"..just enjoy what you enjoy...this iteration doesn't take anything away from your favorite iteration of the franchise(although if they go with the reboot route it DOES take away from this one because we never get a conclusion but other than that you can't complain about other iteration damaging your favorite version,memories and so on..you still got that)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like almost every movie adaptation of something with an existing fan base makes the bold claim of it will unite the fandom in a positive way and all the fan will love it. Yet it very rarely happens that we get a movie that can somehow make all fans happy. As damaged as Transformers is in eyes of some fans I just don't think there is any combination of talent that could bury all the ill will to make it a happy united fandom looking to a bright and shiny future of movie goodness.

I'd be okay with the film being a step in the right direction instead of one film to save it all. So instead of lofty goals that the movie can't possibly reach I'd be okay with an enjoyable story about interesting characters doing cool things. Heck if they could move me from passionately hate movie Bumblebee to mildly dislike the yellow bastard I'd consider that a huge accomplishment.

15. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

First of all nobody is holding me up to anything. Especially when they dont understand what sarcasm means (which is not joking) and especially when it occures. Now I can be as mean as I want to be, either deal with it or ignore me. In any case I wont really fret about it. The only thing I ask, is that before you make an attempt at playing wiseguy understand what it was said.

Do I really need to come up with a list now? Are we at this point? Really?

16. Galvatross

Galvatross Online Fandoms Suck! Veteran

I would be open to that, although my first choice would be a Lockdown spinoff.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I think a drift spinoff would be great. It could have him as an arrogant troublemaker sent to earth and learning how to be a better person. Throw in some honour, loyalty, corruption and some sick visuals and you have an awesome movie.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Galvatross

Drift is one of the most underrated movie robots, so I'd fully be down for some more Drift.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Digger

Digger Gohan wa Okazu!

I know right? AOE was the best of the films and had a great return with its memorable designs.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Galvatross

As unpopular as an opinion as that may be, I agree fully. It's probably, in most ways, the least traditional depiction of the brand's core concepts of all five films, but I love it for that reason.

• Like Like x 1