John Carter

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Prowl, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure how long this trailer has been out, but it's new to me. I had seen the teaser a while back and it looked pretty fun.

John Carter Trailer - YouTube

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    How funny. I was just going to make a thread on this.
    It looks good to me, but I doubt it will have all the nekkid women that I used to like looking at on the book covers when I was a kid.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Looks fun. It kinda looks like the stuck a bit of the second book in with the first (assuming that bald dude is a White Martian), but either way I think this could be really good. As a fan of the books I'll definitely check this out.

It's made by Disney, did you really expect Dejah Thoris to be "dressed" like she was in the books?

4. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

I'm reading the books now, so I'll be ready for the movie when it comes out. They're public domain, so you can download the e-books for free.

Has anyone else seen the screenshot of Woola? Honestly, I think he looks like crap. I was imagining something powerful and dangerous looking, but instead he looks like a cartoony bulldog. It doesn't seem to fit the tone of the story. I'm curious to see what the thoats are like...I imagine them looking like kodo from WoW.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could always rent The Beastmaster, yo!

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is one of several films I'm going to see based on the name of the Director involved. In this case, it's Andrew Stanton.

(that line of thinking is also why I'm going to see Mission:Impossible Ghost Protocal...because Brad Bird is directing)

7. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

These guys made some of Pixar's best movies. I trust them completely. I just hope that John Carter doesn't turn out to be mindless trash. It could be the next Star Wars if done right. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol looks to be the best one in the series so far. It looks like he's really raised the bar for action in the series and the humor looks like it will be done nicely.

8. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now if Tom Cruise would just stop climbing/scaling tall structures like mountains and buildings. Next thing you know, he'll be wanting to climb into the upper atmosphere.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    The dudes nipple hair is nasty and bugs me everytime i see him on screen in those trailers xP

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Kaldane in the sequel or GTFO.

- Coeloptera