Joe Mondays news

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by deathsheadx, Sep 11, 2006.

1. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

check out the latest at newsarama! Joe Mondays

alan davis is bringing back clandestine!

joss whedon on runaways!

man i'm going to be collecting some new comics

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

World War Hulk. Kick ass. Be curious to check that out. Ol' green giant is sure to be pissed when he comes back to Earth.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Whedon on Runaways? :(  Looks like I'll have to drop what's been a really great title before he ruins it. *sigh*

At least "World War Hulk" seems interesting.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The stuff about the return of Spidey's black costume is what interests me the most. If Marvel has brought back Ben Reilly, I will personally suck Joe Quesada's dick.*

I don't read Runaways, so the news that Whedon is taking it over does nothing for me. I just hope he gets better at pacing, for allt he Runaways fans' sake.

Another huge summer event? God, please let it end. They stopped doing those things for a reason. :banghead: 

Best part of the page? The big picture of Power Girl in the Midtown Comics calendar ad. :D 

*This offer not valid.

5. DevilzFan

It is interesting. I doubt it's Ben though.

Runaways is such an awesome series. I recommend everyone at least give the first series a read through.

Well, he did say it wouldn't be in the scope of Civil War and HoM. Seems like more a centralized storyline, with only a few tie-ins/crossovers.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Seems as though despite being a big event, they're going to keep it a bit centralized and not have the more widespread amount of tie-ins. That I can deal with. Makes it's cheaper for me to get it:) 

D'oh Devz beat me to it.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spidey "Back in Black?" WHOOO!!:rock 

8. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

Always Bet On Black!!!

9. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

WWH will probably be like The Mutant Massacre. It's a Hulk storyline, but it just makes sense for others to be drawn in, so his book will have the main storyline and there will not be any central mini, just people reacting to Hulks return and Blackbolt's declaration of war, hence the title.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

--I'm all over "Loners" for one simple reason: RICOCHET!

--I too hope that the "Back in Black" Spider-Man story means the return of Ben Reilly. I don't know about sucking anything, but I would kiss the ground Joe Q walks on. Seriously. I would.

--Kinda interested in JMS on Thor as I've had a passing interest in the character and his mythology, and I've enjoyed everything by JMS I've read (though the degree to which I've enjoyed it varies greatly).

--I'm very interesed in Weadon on Runaways as I love Astonishing X-Men and what I've seen of Buffy, Angel and Firefly (Serenity was @#$#%ing awesome!). I've read some of Runaways and thought it was good, not great, but I'm sure Joss could get me hooked.

--I've never even heard of Clandestine until this thread.

--Very curious about this Spider-Man Family book, and hope to God that it means MJ survives and she and Peter remained married. If not, after I'm done kissing the ground, it'll be Joe Q's turn. As much as I want Ben back, I want MJ to stay alive and she and Peter to stay together. All attempts to change this have failed and I wish Marvel would realize this. And I'd better stop before I :horse:  anymore than I have.

11. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

My favorite Spidey costume! :rock 

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

The Spidey costume has me interested. World War Hulk seems cool s oI'll give that a go. And I'll scope out Excelsor...I mean Loners when it comes out solely for Darkhawk.

13. DevilzFan

Anything related to the New Warriors or Darkhawk, I'm all over.

14. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

JMS on Thor could be cool and I hope it is. However World War Hulk has me most excited. If its as good as Planet Hulk it will be the best event of next year, imo.

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Whedon on Runaways means that it might be a "must-buy" for me now.

Spider-Man back in black? Awesome. Tying it into "The Other," a story I figured had just fallen by the wayside..? Awesomer!

And World War Hulk as a smaller, self-contained story (ie, not HoM, CW, or IC)? Sounds good to me!

16. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Black Spidey is the nemesis spidey chick from the other? But I'm hoping that Venom finally gets Peter. I've wanted that ever since Peter rejected it back in the early years. :D 

17. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

- Weadon on Runaways....dont know, Right now, its awesome....Astonishing good but not great....so i see his run being ok at most.

- Possibility of Ben Reiley as Black Spider-Man....that right there would make me forgive Marvel for the crap they did to him (talking about the Spider-Armor and his revealing)

- Anything Hulk will rule.

- JMS...never really like his writing....

18. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

if Venom does hook up with Peter again, here's hoping they go back to the better (and original) look and not this ugly (and why are they still using it) Scorpion/Venom look.

19. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I just want to see the Hulk come back and kick everyones ass and claim.....I dont know, Arizona as his. :) 
    Just to see everyones reaction when the Hulk returns, its going to like "Oh crap. Dads home." :stick: 

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Bring back Ben Reilley!

That's all I got.