Joe Kelly's 'Supergirl'

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Source: Wizard Universe

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Awesome! Get the book out on time, and expalin to me how the the blast that made Hawkgirl 50 feet tall during 52 sent Kara to the future, but apparently she was also of in Kandor, as the begining of the issue 6 tells us.

Seriously, I'm so confused, she's helping Superman in Superman right after OYL AND in Kandor, and hanging with the Legion 1,001 in the future. argh [/rant]

Good news though, glad to hear Kelly lieks Kara, Rucka just seemed to do the book because it was offered.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

woohoo...at least its someone good on the title....i really liked this new SG.....

4. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Hehe knew you would have responded CG :p 

You're right though, she does seem to be all over the place. I think the reason she didn't show up the 2nd time Clark tried to signal her with his watch was because she went to Kandor... Her series started one year and one month later, that could explain why she was in the Superman titles for a bit.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If he can get this book on an actual schedule, I will gladly keep reading it (especially if Power Girl keeps popping in frequently).

And so we're going with the evil Kara's origin as the true one, then? I thought they'd purposefully left it up in the air as to whcih version of her origin was the true one. Works for me, I suppose. It's actually got far more potential than her being sent to be Kal's babysitter. Besides, the black Supergirl costume looked much cooler than the standard blue one.

Please, Kendra is only 25 feet tall. And obviously that corrects itself by the time OYL starts (with the apparent side effect that, at least in her solo title, Kendra's nipples are perpetually trying to poke their way out of whatever top she is wearing. :p 

6. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    haha, I know her hight corrects itself. I'm saying, in that issue, they also mention the blast causing trouble all over the place, and it's the same blast that sends Supergirl into the future. So, if that is in fact true; she's not "1, 001" years in the future. The Superman comic is One Year Later, and Kara is there.

Now Primal actually presented a perfectly good reason for Kara now being in Kandor. So I get the Superman/Supergirl timeline, but I don't see how she can be in the future and in Kandor... : /

Bah, I guess if she's in Legion, after the IF blast, but makes it back for the actual "OYL" title jump in Superman, then travels to Kandor it kind of fits, maybe. :p 

7. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Looks promising.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

This whole 1 year later is confusing. Supergirl is in Kandor, in Metropolis, and in the Future and Power Girl is in Kandor and in the JSA. Uh huh.

9. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Comics and continuity have lately mixed like water and piss...

10. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Not every OYL book started on the same day.

11. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

True ... but 52 started ONE YEAR BEFORE One Year Later, and has already introduced the Chinese superteam that's "rumored" to exist OYL in Checkmate.

And by introduced, I mean, "fought with Green Lanterns, and almost fought Rocket Reds". Their existence shouldn't be a rumor at ALL in Checkmate.

-XCN-

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Ugh. Way to shoot yourself in the foot DC.

Now... ship me my Supergirl, you twinkies.

13. Wreckgar

I think Twin Twist just called the DC people gay.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    No, actually I think he accused them of being cream-filled yellow sponge cakes.

15. Cyberstrike

Cyberstrike is the CEO of the X-WCW.

Am I the only one who misses Peter David's Supergirl who was confused, morally conflicted character with plenty of humor and great supporting characters

I can't stand the "new" Kara Zor-El basically all she's come off as too me as the big dumb blond bimbo.

16. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Have you even read the book? If anything she's a small, smartass, blonde-tool. I loves her though, and her chronically late book.

17. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

From what I understand, Peter David's book was canceled to introduce this version, and if that's the case, then yeah, it's really sucky and non-sensical.

I am enjoying the current version though.

18. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I never read Peter David's Supergirl, but I do like the new Kara Zor-El. Mind you, she's nowhere near as great as my beloved Kara Zor-L, but I do like her.

19. Wreckgar

I just re-read Public Enemies and can't believe in the stupid faith put in her. Batman is right, she's Trouble not a Treasue. I hope when the books starts to lose readers, they pull a stunt to make her an evil Kryptonian from the Zod family or a fake. I just want to se ea page of batman pointing at Supes going "I TOLD YOU SO!"

20. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

There were a number of factors involved, but at the end of the day, Peter David's Supergirl was an interesting character trapped in a really horrible setup (Earth angel? Whaaaa?) Her origin was simply way too complicated to explain, and Dan Didio really wanted to get back to Supergirl just being Superman's cousin -- and I don't blame him.

That said, they haven't done anything with the new version. At all. Jeph Loeb's run was a completely forgettable train wreck, and at the end of it she's still a cipher.

-XCN-