Joe Dirt (2001)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by TrueNomadSkies, Nov 15, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So I ended up watching this over the weekend & it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I also didn't think it was 10 years old, so I guess it just goes to show how time flies.

... your thoughts, TFW?

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I finally got around to watching it, I was actually surprised how decent it was to. Joe Dirt himself was a much more sympathetic character then I anticipated, and there were a few great Christopher Walkens moments.

3. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, with exception to some of the stupid gator shit (part of the reason why I thought this movie would be retarded since it was in the early trailers), Joe Dirt came off like a pretty legit character who I felt for throughout. Also,
    did you think his parents were just a couple of suckers looking for fame instead of the real parents who left him in that garbage can?

Spoiler tags for a 10 year old movie ftw, hah.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hah, I'm not going to worry about spoilers. I would say the parents were just typical, selfish trailer trash (no offense to people who live in trailers and are not trash) that only stepped forward when they knew they could become famous, but I do think they were the real parents. At least the movie never says otherwise, so I just go with that. It showed that Joe can be a better a person then his negligent parents.

5. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

does your mother sew?

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    I know they were his real parents too (or at least the movie leads us to believe this later on when Brandy basically confirms it), but I mean when they 1st showed up & everything just took it as truth when it was clear that the mom especially was only in it for the money/fame.