Job suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waveride, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Hey guys!
    Having a bit of a hard time with this one, specially thinking outside the box. I figured i'd ask you guys for some suggestions maybe someone can mention something i haven't though of perhaps from their work experience.
    The main thing to know i'm currently employed but i'm really fed up of doing the same stuff over and over without not much of a reward besides the bi-weekly pay.

Currently i'm working in retail and i'm in computer sales at my job. I have worked pretty much always as a clerk in most my jobs. I've tried working in a restaurant/fast food, cleaning jobs, warehouse but they are not the type of work i enjoy in the least. Right now this isn't career oriented job i'm looking for as i've yet to complete some degrees. Anyone know any fun places to work at that's rewarding and yet team oriented? I'm in Canada by the way so there might not be all the same options as US but i'm open for any ideas/suggestion! :D 

2. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    There's no way Im going to top the previous post, so I'll just say try out a call centre.

Or join the army. That's a career I don't think you need a degree for. But they can help you get one, I guess.

4. MetroBub

MetroBub 49ers Fan

5. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Tried. Failed. Next Suggestion? :D 

To be honest I'm not an Army type person, I wouldn't be able to be away from home so often. My friend is in the Canadian Army and besides being paid generously he's always away from home stationed in another city.

6. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tell us your attributes and your strengths. Your leaving us hanging, man.

7. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

thinking outside the box i would say being a doorman at a stripclub is about the best job i ever had. you just check ID's and take money, then all the girls tip out to you, so on a busy weekend you can clear 1500 bucks.

8. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Door man would be awesome i work in a call center that isnt a horrible job pays good

9. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    Apple store employee!!!!!!!!!!!

10. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

The problem is right now is the economy. Consider yourself lucky to even have a job. Unfortunately employers know the situation out there and sometimes exploit workers because they know they have few options. Employers are afraid of giving bonuses too because of the state of the economy. We are in uncertian times right now. Hang in there and good luck to you.

11. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Try writing a book that panders to a large demographic. You won't ever have to work again.

I'm going to pray you're joking, otherwise I think this is actually a first for TFW.

12. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    If you had to ask then your not ready to know! Obviously i playing to his joke, but the net doesn't translate sarcasm well either. :D 

Thanks for all your suggestions so far guys. I didn't know a doorman at a stripclub could make so much, that's crazy!

Apple store i considered it but in the end it's still retail and some of the stuff i have heard from people that used to work there doesn't really convince me.

I would say my strong points is i'm easy going and a team player. From my experience, i'm also a fairly fast learner. I speak and write in both english and french as well as my native language.

I never tried calling centers but it would have to be a really good place to make it worthwhile. Like i said, i'm not big on selling so i wouldn't want anything related to telemarketing or selling products over the phone. It could be some to be some sort of support center but then again i don't have a technical degree in computers even though i'm fairly familiar with them. Bear with me guys, i know it might seem picky but i'm fed up of doing the same old stuff.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Try and get a government job. They love bilingual applicants.

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    bathroom atendant at a fancy pants place

15. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

This is probably the best suggestion yet. They really do like people who are bilingual, never mind someone with three languages. What is your native language? There is good money in translating, either in writing or vocal. Aside from that, the only suggestion I can't think of is take a trade. Good pay, good benefits, pension, a union full of brothers ready to back you in your times of need. It's a good life.

16. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Funny yet interesting if it pays well and all you do is give them a towel to dry their hands. I'm looking at some office mail handler right now. Has anyone ever done that?

17. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Go back to school.

18. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    The old PSA said that "no one every says they want to be a junkie when they grow up." Prove them wrong, make becoming a professional junkie your goal.

19. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Can't right now, i live in an apartment with my lady so we got bills to pay. Not many though, so won't be long before i can continue the studies but for now work is a priority. Like is said, this isn't a career type of job i'm looking for at the moment, more something that can give me some peace of mind while having an income, not give me more added stress.