JLU 512 "Alive!" *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sol Fury, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Justice League Unlimited? More like "Lex Luthor and the Injustice Society". This episode is all about the villains. The JLU don't even appear until the last scene to set up the next episode cliffhanger.

Luthor's messing with that Brainiac fragment again. He's desperately trying to revive Brainiac and become the godlike being he once was again. His increasingly irrational behaviour is undermining his position in the Society, though. Tala, concerned at this, uses her magic to trace the origins of the Brainiac fragment. Flashback to Brainiac's last appearance on Justice League (when he was with Darkseid and ultimately tried to betray him). Realising this means that there might be more fragments of Brainiac out there, Luthor modifies the Society's base into a starship and heads out into space.
    But Tala, now fearing Luthor, goes back to Grodd and frees him. It's villain VS villain, Luthor's allies VS those loyal to Grodd. But in the end, Luthor triumphs, and Grodd... well, I doubt we'll see him again. Very cold, Lex.
    Arriving at the location of Brainiac's remains, Luthor uses Tala to resequence them, and resurrect Brainiac. At least, that was his plan. What he gets, is a whole other thing.

This is one awesome episode. Lots of cool villain cameos, from the obscure to guys who we've seen before, albeit briefly, like Weather Wizard. What is to come next will be incredible. The finale may not have the long build up that the Cadmus plotline did, but it ties into a heck of a lot of stuff, all the way back to Superman TAS.

Next episode - Destruction, thy name is Darkseid!

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

So it is darkseid, I figured as much may as well close this with one of if not the biggest baddie in the DCAU.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You know I picture that 1)With the next epsiode's title and 2)The general feeling of the plot

I think that Brainiac and Darkseid are merged together as one being.Much like Luthor and Brainiac were

And thanks for all these JLU threads Sol Fury :thumb  Guess you're more then just eye-candy;) 

Canada just started airing season so your general overview gives me an idea of what I can look forward too

4. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

I knew they would bring Darkseid back. Fantastic. Can't wait to see the episodes that follow.

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Cool! That probably means that Kalibak will also be freed...

And I REALLY hope Martian Manhunter shows up one last time...

6. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    My thoughts: (some of them are repeats of what's been said before)

* It was pretty bold of them to do an episode focused completely on the villains, with the League only making a cameo at the very end. Especially with so few episodes left to go.

* Throughout the whole episode, I couldn't help but think, "Damn, Luthor is SICK." Kudos to the writers and especially to Clancy Brown, who's really done a great job with the character in all of his incarnations.

* I'm wondering if Darkseid's new look means that he has some Brainiac in him. But then again, Metron has similar tech-looking patterns on his costume, so it may just be the latest Fourth World fashion.

* How the heck did Luthor and his crew survive the destruction of the Hall of Doom??? Are we to believe these are the only villains that survived? (Hey, maybe the Bat-Embargo was a blessing in disguise, we can't have the Joker being turned into space dust...)

* Did Darkseid's voice seem off to any of you? It sounds to me like they forgot to pitch Michael Ironside's voice down in post-production, it's just not deep enough.

* I don't see any of the New Gods in the previews, d'oh. Although I guess Darkseid's mention of going to New Genesis could explain this.

* I get the sinking feeling that J'onn isn't coming back for the finale :(  Or if he does, it's going to be rushed, and won't have the emotional resonance that that storyline deserves.

Grrrr... I can't wait to see how it ends, but at the same time, it's sad knowing that JLU is 30 minutes away from being gone for good :cry 

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I think these two go hand in hand.....

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

an excellent penultimate episode. While I can't wait for the next episode, the final episode, I'm also dreading it. :cry 

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow.. Just wow! So much good stuff.

-- How the hell does Grodd think he will come back from that? That kinda shocked me the did that.

-- Liked Bizzaro trying to put the block in the round hole. hehe

-- Like it was said.. Luthor is one sick SOB.

-- Next episode looks like it is going to kick ass.. Too bad Teen Titans finale sucked

-- Looks like the Daily Planet bites the dust. I'm ready to be shocked next week.

JLU is WAY better now than JL ever was.. :thumb 

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They just offed, like, half the villains. O_O Seriously. I think it was implied that Killer Frost offed the other mutineers, offscreen.

And yeah, Grodd went out like a badass, despite the animators -sickly- showing him kinda get sucked past the ship.

That was amazing. I can't believe there's only one episode left.

11. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Such a brilliant and exciting episode,so many things happened all at once!:) 

I"m ready to be blown away for the next, final episode.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The finale looks like it'll air next Saturday, at 11:30 am in the UK. Toonami has a different schedule in the week.
    I'm hyped for this ending. It'll be a great way to bring it all to an end. Too bad it has to end, though.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

QFT man, QFT.
    I do wonder why Metron didnt try to stop Luthor martially.