JLU 507 (Spoilers? You bet!)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sol Fury, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Wow! Great episode, and plenty of awesome guest stars.

It picks up on General Eiling, from last series. Seems he's still convinced that the Justice League are a threat to America, and is willing to go to any length to protect his country. In fact, he injects himself full of a drug that Spy Smasher grabbed off the Nazis in WWII, turning himself into "The General" (for those not familiar with the comics, there was a character called "The Shaggy Man", who later got a top US general's brain put in his body. This is the animated version of that character. He's like a smart Hulk)
    Eiling goes on a rampage, attacking a parade held in Superman's honour in Metropolis, and he beats up the JLU members there (the main JLU are handling various missions elsewhere, with the big guns in deep space, so it's a handful of reserves filling in: Shining Knight, Vigilante, Stargirl, STRIPE, and Green Arrow). Needless to say, they get trashed, but they fight on anyways, and in the end, after a valiant stand, the people of Metropolis gather around their heroes and manage to get Eiling to pull back.

It's a really well done fight. STRIPE's brief combat with Eiling is really well animated, as is the Shining Knight's fight. You really see the heart of a hero, even in the face of insurmountable odds, he refuses to give up. The whole heroism thing shines through in a gang of kids who jump in and do what they can to save the day (they're never named, but they have to be the Newsboy Legion).
    And the shock guest? Green Arrow's former sidekick, Speedy. Same VA as in Titans. Both archers fighting back to back? AWESOME!

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

SPEEDY!!?!?!?!?!

omgomgomgomgomgomg *hyperventilates*

3. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Damnit it's not "on" yet on my favourite "Channel".

4. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    haha, ditto. I saw the thread title, and immediately checked where I got the last few episodes online.

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wait-

GA, Speedy, SN, Vig, Stargirl, STRIPE... that's only 6! Who's the Seventh Soldier of Victory???

6. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

My Azureus coulda told ya that...

8. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

That was awesome! Okay, the general theme of the ep was a little contrived, but the beatings were pretty great. And the twin Arrows scene alone made it all worthwhile to me. :p 

It'd be nice if Speedy was just the beginning of more guest appearances of the like.

9. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I <3 Courtney Ross.

Seeing Ollie and Roy together in animated form was pure bliss. I'd so kill for either a GA: TAS or slightly better, a GL Corps: TAS

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Finally got around to watching my copy of the ep.

Fantastic!!! It is mosly B-C grade heroes. No superpowers. GA is the most recognizable one of the bunch to me. But damn did i enjoy this episode. So much great stuff..

- vigilante deputizing the kids and giving the mwork to do to keep them out of the way instead of yelling at them to get away. He cared for their safety but knew that simply telling them to get away wouldn't work. Very clever

- Shining Knight, wow... Got his ass handed to him yet fought on and on.

- GA and Speedy.
    "...and my former sidekick." - GA
    "Partner." - Speedy
    "We don't really have time for this..." - GA :lol 

This is the best series ever.

Remember when we started bitching about story lines being cut to 1/2 hr format? Damn am i glad they did. Some of the best episodes of the entire series have been JLU episodes. plus there is no having to wait for next week to see what happens in a story line.. (well last seasons finale is an exception)