JLA movie revived

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh, nothing really there. I'll wait until some sort of official announcement before getting excited.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    surprise surprise!

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Heh, figures...
    hope the screenwriter decides to take inspiration from Grant Morrison's JLA rather than the crappy DCnU one.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Well, Grant's JLA was (one of the best) incarnations of the team, so no surprise there.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  7. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Nice!

8. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I'd like to see them take a different approach with Justice League than Marvel took with The Avengers and introduce the characters in the movie. We don't need long, drawn out origin stories, just bring everybody together for one story like they did on the Justice League cartoon. Although if DC/WB were smart, they would approach Henry Cavill and Ryan Reynolds to reprise their roles as Superman and Green Lantern (unless the GL franchise has been tabled because of the performance of the GL movie). The rest of the cast, including Batman, should be new.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think that they need to build up to this like Marvel. Yes you can make a good JLA movie without any build up, but you need build up for it to be successful. The Avengers was helped by five years of build up and establishing that each character exists in the same universe. They basically, they just need a Flash and a Wonder Woman movie and I think they are set. There is already a Green Lantern movie and if they don't want Ryan Reynolds back they can just another Green Lantern like Kyle Rayner or John Stewart. We are getting a new Superman movie and everyone knows about Batman's origins at this point. A new Batman reboot could help audiences understand that this isn't set in the Nolanverse, but it isn't necessary. Maybe they can have Green Arrow and Black Canary make appearances in other movies like Black Widow and Hawkeye, but again they aren't really necessary to have either.

10. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is how I thought they should go. Draw people in with Superman & Batman and introduce them to the other heroes. Once people know who they are, they are more willing to see a separate movie of them

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I really hope this takes off, but I think they have a lot of work to do. DC just can't seem to find the success like they do with Batman films.

12. ABH1979

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    I agree, JLA doesn't need the same solo-movie approach that Avengers needed. I may be revealing my allegiance here, and I don't want to offend Marvel fans, but Batman and Superman alone are (in a super-hero universe) a bigger deal the the sum of the Avengers' parts. I love RDJ as Tony Stark / Iron Man, but Iron Man is not as big of a deal as Batman and/or Superman. He just isn't.

With all that said, go the opposite route with the JLA movie first -- people who don't know a lot about the team will be drawn to it because it's got Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. They'll just happen to get GL, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, (probably) Cyborg, and whoever else they decide to include. If these other characters strike a chord with fans, that's when you give those characters solo movies. Think about it; a solo Aquaman movie could be very hard to get off the ground, but if you made him badass in the JLA movie, you could create a demand for the character.

13. Switch625

You're absolutely correct, Superman and Batman are the #1 and #2 superheroes in the business, while Iron Man probably isn't even in the top ten.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
  15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    A studio not run by morons would do this. WB on the other hand has apparently decided they want Ryan Reynolds to be the post-Nolan Batman.

Also, Michael Rosenbaum as the Flash would be the best thing ever.

16. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Switch625

I really disliked that video until the very last couple of seconds.

The best thing they could do regarding Green Lantern is try to salvage the property by keeping what worked from the first movie (Mark Strong as Sinestro, the OA stuff) and trying to do something better with it. I think too many people would be confused by casting Green Lantern as Batman.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Let's see how audiences react to the new Superman movie before we get our hopes up too high. I think that Superman movie could really go either way. It looks different enough that it might intrigue people, but it also looks like it could be really horrible.

If the new Superman tanks, be prepared for all JLA talk to vanish again.

19. ABH1979

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    Agreed. Superman is the Alpha and Omega for WB right now. If they can't get a good, modern Superman franchise off the ground, then the don't deserve to even try a JLA movie.

20. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Well, this Superman movie is supposed to actually have a super villain in it, so it should at least do better than the last one.