JLA #2 Preview Cover - start your guessing

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Switchblade, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Sept06/JusticeLeagueOfAmericaCv2a.jpg

We get to see the Big Three, but the others are largely blocked out. Red Tornado is pretty obvious, and judging from the mask we're looking at Hawkman not Hawkgirl. The field is wide open on the others, though.

Green Lantern: The gloves pretty much rule out John, and the ring rules out Kyle. So we're looking at either Hal or Guy here. Now I love Guy Gardner, but since he's a mainstay in the GL Corps series, it's a pretty safe bet we're looking at Hal Jordan here.

Green Arrow: Doesn't really look like Ollie, does it? Connor, then? Maybe Arsenal? My money is on Connor Hawke, especially with the regular pointed arrow on that bow.

The three mystery figures: Now here's the tough ones. A flying guy, a woman with a really long ponytail, and a woman with short hair. I think the woman at the top might be Vixen, but I don't know about the other two. The one with the ponytail doesn't look like anyone I'm familiar with, and the flying man is too generic to guess on (maybe Captain Atom?).

Notice the lack of the Flash and Martian Manhunter. Two of the JL's biggest mainstays are absent.

From what we can see, this looks like a line-up with potential. Some of the classic seven (but not limited to it like Morrison's original team), a couple of Satellite-era members, and maybe one of the JL Detroit losers. Throw in a non-Ollie GA and a couple of characters that I can't even guess the identities of, and we're looking at a really interesting line-up for JLA volume 4. :thumb 

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Conner for the Green Arrow.

Kyle for the Lantern.

Hawkgirl.

Red Tornado, that mystery figure behind Batman seems to swirling.

Chick with the hair? No idea, Black Canary?

The feminine in back looks somewhat robotic, or at least her arms do. The female steal?

And the shadow in the middle flying like Superman/boy. hmm Captian Atom.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Shazam without cape!!!!

and i wish that aint Hal, never was a fan of him (especially his return - he's one of those that should of stayed DEAD)....i want it to be either Kyle or Guy.

Female Steel maybe???

and i think it's Ollie, i see Connor more of a Teen Titan member than a JLA Big-League member.

and if it aint Kyle or Guy..there's always Justice Society of America

and from what the line-up looks like, it kinda look sucky...No Flash, No Aquaman, WTF....Hawkman/girl WTF......hopefully the story is good to make up the lack of better people who should be on.

4. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Hey, the Hawks have been tried and true members of the JLA since the Silver Age. And I'm sure we'll get a good reason for the Flash being absent once his solo title relaunches.

And there's never a good reason for Aquaman to be on the JLA. Classic seven or not, he's still the loser who talks to fish. Besides, he has solo title stuff keeping him busy, too.

And, for the record, Connor's been on the JLA before. He's a very talented archer and one of the top martial artists in the DCU.

5. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

Last I checked, Kyle was too busy being consumed by Unimaginable Power in his 12-issue Ion maxiseries to be bothered with JLA membership. (Excluding the obvious fact that being Ion means no more power ring).

Guy is babysitting the new Lantern Corps, and the hair looks wrong for John, so it's going to be Hal.

-XCN-

6. OmegaScourge

if that's the case....

Superman has 3-10 other titles so he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to busy, so is Batman....

Hal got crap going on in GL and GLC and in Ion (bad enough they gave him the GL title, now he gotta be in Ion too)....so he's busy too.

Wolverine can be in 100 places at the same time, why can't Kyle or Guy???

:D 

and maybe one of the characters is the Blue Beetle.

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I think one of them Wolverine.

8. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Notice Red Tornado (unless they are bringing Samurai into the main DCU and out of Superfriends), know it's a GA but dunno which, Conner is an easy guess though.

The GL, Hal, or who knows it could be an alien one.

The girl with the hair, I only know one and be shock to see her, Artemis? Nah no way.

I recall Vixen having a completely different look though they have updated it, though from the look of the arms I think Femsteel too.

Hawkman/girl or an out of the blue shot, a new Black Condor?

I dunno me I rather be surprised.

9. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

No real shocks. almost every one here has been in the JLA at one point. And not just some random namesake either, so there's personal history for Hal & Carter & Conner & Red Tornado. Good choices so far it would appear. Really classic JLA. I'm definately happy that I spent the $$ subscribing to the series, since this is the only other title this year that I actually still give a damn about.

10. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

The gal with the ponytail looks like Black Canary.

11. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I knew I should have clarified that.

Okay, Aquaman is busy in his own title being a completely different person who's never been on the JLA, while the old Aquaman is busy being a monster thingie.

Is that clearer? :lol 

12. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    ...wait what? haha I have one Aquaman OYL issues, 42... and that's the story? WTF?

13. Switchblade

News Credits:
    So Wikipedia tells me.

14. OmegaScourge

clearer than figuring out who's who in DC lately :D 

15. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Can't be Artemis she left with all the Other Amazons.

Donna and Diana are all that's left..

16. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I hope the flying guy is Booster Gold. Would make my day.

As for the others, I'm happy with Green Arrow, Hawkman, and I can stand Red Tornado. GL, I don't care who but I bet it's Hal. Wish it was Kyle. And the 2 women, I have no clue. Going to have to go through my DC Encyclopedia

17. Switchblade

News Credits:
    That would be great, but it can't be. The six main stars of 52 aren't appearing anywhere else in the DCU until 52 is over. No Booster Gold in Justice League. :cry 

18. OmegaScourge

isn't JLA gonna start OYL like every other title....if thats the case, then he can show up cause 52 is between Infinite Crisis and OYL.

19. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Yes, but the six "stars" of 52 (Black Adam, Booster Gold, Elongated Man, the Question, Renee Montoya, and Steel) will not be appearing anywhere else in the DCU until after the last issue of 52 ships.

20. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Becuase one of them dies, and it's supposed to be secret, or something.