JJ01 Supreme Leader OS Improved Classics Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, Chinese sellers prices often fluctuate. Mine should be delivered tomorrow, hopefully it's not a bag of dried prawns. :3

2. robotmel

robotmel Junkyard Zombie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :) 
    Ive just checked Sir Pauls checklist, found a few new pics, link below for anyone interested.

The Classics Op mould is still holding in there despite the many new 3P takes on Op. This does look really nice and I love the upgrades they've done but I would have preferred him at the old Ultra sizing rather than Leader sizing. I still would quite like one though for my oddments shelf! ;) 

Seeing as how the mould has been available for KO makers for years now, I wonder if someone will bother to upgrade and improve the old Classics Nerf Gun Megatron? Imagine what they could do with that mould! :D 

Regarding these upgraded parts on Op, I wonder if they are original designs or the makers have ;borrowed' them from Shapeways? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened! :rolleyes: 

OS JJ01, Optimus Prime, Classics, Transformers KnockOff KO, Action Figure Checklist Photos

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. TGS1985

TGS1985 Member

I just won one from the same seller for $66.00 total (made an offer before I saw your post). Hopefully he's legit and we don't end up newest members of the pet rock club.

4. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You could look into the shadow fisher upgrade set which costs about $25. Your u get a Mp10 light up head and matrix.

5. TGS1985

TGS1985 Member

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for it.

6. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

I wonder if filing down that chin part would make it look better

7. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip Well-Known Member

Are there any reviews on this figure? I'm really interested in it but want to see an in-depth analysis of him before biting the gun.

8. Rewind

News Credits:
    Got mine today, it's really, really good. Basically if you are familiar with the Classics toy, just imagine it really big, really heavy, with super tight ratchet joints, a little extra articulation, rubber tires and removable arm flaps. I mean there is more to it than that but that's basically what you get. No hidden problems, nothing fussy, nothing that feels cheap or like it will break - just a giant rock solid love letter to the original toy.

I think the main barrier for people is going to be he head. Personally I really love how it looks, even more so in person, but that's just me. I especially love how it looks from the side.
    IMG_4996.JPG
    IMG_4997.JPG

If you like how this toy looks and are ok with the price then go for it.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    • Like Like x 3
  9. TGS1985

TGS1985 Member

I'm considering it if it turns out half as good as everyone is making it out to be.

10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    looks cool but i had the og classics and never loved it so i will pass although it definitwly looks cool. this is slightly too big as well IMO.

11. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

This guy looks really fun but it's the same issue I had with MPP10V--why are KOs sold at 20$ less than a third-party price point?

12. TGS1985

TGS1985 Member

Well from how I understand it...

1) Because it is essentially 95% a ripped off design, just simply enlarged or shrunk, many costs associated with an original design are avoided. Such as the all R&D it took to come up with a design that looked good in both modes that's structurally sound and popular with kids/collectors. It costs money to have people come up such designs so Takara/Hasbro has to price their figures in a way that covers that cost but still make a significant profit. More so for a small 3rd party who can't produce anywhere near the same volume as a major toy company yet tend to have more detailed/better painted figures.

2) Because a portion of price is the cost to have an officially license Takara/Hasbro MP, or a MMC or Maketoys quality 3rd party figure. In other words, your paying more for the name. For example, You think a company called "Takasa Tony" who mainly make KO "Takara Tomy" MP figures cares about their name?

Also I don't think you can compare this with a MP, but instead the classics it's based on. The original was like what $30 and we paying twice that for a slightly larger figure made from better materials (more metal and non painted over translucent plastic) and with as good if not more solid joints?

13. SirToys

SirToys OS Multicolor KO

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    He's nice and weighty.

IMG20170519112321_Optimus_Prime_Classics_OS_JJ01.jpg

Rubber tires and rubber on the bottom of his feet. I think there's a bit of diecast in the legs but the plastic is really heavy as well so you can't feel that one part of the figure is heavier than the other, well balanced.

14. Rewind

News Credits:
    I was shocked by his weight when I lifted him out of the box. Very nice. The thighs and pelvis are solid diecast. Such a solid, wonderful toy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrDipnSlip

MrDipnSlip Well-Known Member

Where'd you guys find the best deals on OP that worked for you?

16. CountDrunkula

CountDrunkula Sturdy Beard

News Credits:
    ...what on earth is all that? I've been wondering since I saw this pic on TFDirect, and just assumed it would be clear if I saw a biger pic, but...well, here's a bigger pic, and I'm still stumped.

17. ultraman zoffy

ultraman zoffy Well-Known Member

Articulated hands. He comes with 2 sets of hands, one somewhat articulated stock set, and these optional high articulated sets that can be switched out.

18. CountDrunkula

News Credits:
    OK, I can see it - it's obvious when you tell me. Duh. Thanks!

19. CountDrunkula

News Credits:
    OK, I can see it - it's obvious when you tell me. Duh. Thanks!

20. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

Completely agree about the head, I really like it in person and the side view is super aggressive and cool. I want more "classics remastered" from this company!