Jizaitoys to make Ironhide/Ratchet next?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Glitcher, Mar 4, 2008.

1. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

What's pretty fun is that according to the plans, it may be *both* G1 show-accurate and G1 toy-accurate. Apparently the idea is to make it be able to separate in two pieces like the old toy, but to also be able to bring these two back together for the cartoon robot mode.

2. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Chalk this one up for a rumor? Not really sure. ^^;

http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/article/88222482.html

Not much for Japanese, and google translations aren't worth much, but a picture's worth a thousand words. Here you can see some concept sketches for what looks to be an updated Ironhide. After looking through several links, though, it may just be an attempt to add some articulation to the G1 Bot. Either way, nice to look at and hope for.

EDIT: Hahah, did a bit more search, and the title, AIANHAIDO HAJIMEMASU, pretty much means Ironhide Started. Squee?

3. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It would be about damn time someone made a good Ironhide.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Indeed, that should prove to be very nice considering what his other bots look like.:p 

6. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    now that I would pay through the nose for! long time coming!

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    HasTak already sort of achieved this (sort of) with Energon Towline. Half of the van formed a G1 cartoon-looking bot mode, while the rest formed the sled thing.

Of course, it's not as ambitious as this.

8. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Man o' man, Jizai's stuff is just amazing looking. Pretty sad when another company does a better job on Hasbro properties than Hasbro itself. Can't wait to see what they do for Ironhide/Ratchet.

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Different priorities, different costs, different limitations.

Besides, Hasbro likes to figure out new ways of doing things. It's how they keep the lines 'fresh'.

10. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am amazed by all of Jiza`s work. His female work is particularly amazing so hopefully he will get to Arcee at some point in the future.

11. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I think he's taking a step back and doing a figure people want that's also easy to conceptualize. He doesnt have the time or resources to do a figure like Ultra Magnus or Fortress Maximus from scratch.

Most G1 Ironhide/Ratchet updates are meh. I mean the alt mode is basically a brick whose bot mode is impeded (or not, depending on you who talk to) by the half of him he has to discard. I'm happy with my E. Towline.

12. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I think Jizaitoys' talent would be best used remaking some of the crappy TFTM figures. Wheelie and Cyclonus were a success; just think about what he could do with Springer, Blurr and Kup. :) 

13. butz

butz slippery when wet

Eh, neat I guess. Not something I'd ever buy, but its neat to see these kinda kits. I know it's irrational, but I hope that like Powerglide and Octane this is a for-telling of an Ironhide figure in Uni-Classics.

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    That's what I expected him/them to do. :) 

-airfox

15. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

QFT. Although I am kinda of two minds about this, the first says "YES YES GIVE IT TO ME SO I CAN RUB IT ALL OVER MY OILED UP SELF"

...and the other half says, "Stop ruining all of Hasbro's upcoming toys for me, I already hate Powerglide because you had to go and make a perfect one."

Also, if Hasbro is reading this, "JUST KIDDING I will still continue to buy your mediocre products, haha."

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Too bad the average "joe" won't be able to get one of these......that makes me very sad.

17. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I really wish that Hasbro would make a Universe (retool version just like the Classic line) version of Cyclonus. With the way they are going, it would be kick-@#$!!!! TAKE A HINT HASBRO PLEASE!!!!

18. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

I haven't bought any others, but I'm definitely getting this one! I've been wanting a G1 accurate Ironhide for over 20 years, and now, finally, my dreams may just come true!

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Every time I look at this stuff, I'm amazed all over again.

And rather depressed that I'll never be able to justify the cost of these things. HasTak really has to find some sort of marketing partnership that will allow these to be sold en masse at a decent price point. even if I had to build them myself from injection molded parts-trees, a la Gundams.

And yeah... I do sort of feel bad that Hasbro's "Octane" and Powerglide came on the heels of Jizaitoys' stunning renditions of the same characters. It just highlights the failings of the Hasbro versions (as homages at least... they're still decent figures).

Speaking of his other transforming figures... they're mostly all mind-bendingly good, but I have to say I REALLY like his transforming Hippo character. Who would have thought you could get such a lean, cool-looking robot mode out of a realistic hippo altmode? Very Beast Wars Neo!

zmog

20. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

The stuff is certainly good, but I think if Hasbro released that version of Octane we'd be unhappy. These are amazing scratch builds, but they aren't as sleek as the real deals. Wheelie is great and better than G1, but the alt mode isn't very well done with all the gaps and stuff. Also Octane may have a great Bot mode, but the alt modes aren't so great.