Jizai Toys Cyclonus......is it any good???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red leader, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I only ask as i have just bought the fully built and painted kit and was wondering if anyone actually posessed one?

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    You mad bastard!

3. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    WOOT!!!!!!!

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    From what I understand it's basically one of the best TFs out there, especially in terms of custom jobs. How much did it set you back mate?

Also, when you get it, let me know how big it is. He looks tiny on some pics...

5. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    £99.99.........oh yeah!!! not bad!!!

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You need to shower us with pics once you get it!

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude that price is excellent. O_O

Jizai Toys kits aren't really toys so much as examples of hardcore robo-origami, like many Studio HalfEye pieces. And they're typically sold unassembled and unpainted (ie: pieces of resin that you have to personally drill, screw, paint, and buy polycap joints for), so if yours is painted and built that's pretty awesome. Not to mention that they're typically only sold once or twice at one convention in limited numbers.

But yeah, it's more a spectacle of transforming design than it is a toy, which is not necessarily a bad thing. :D 

8. XXXG-01W

XXXG-01W A GUNDAAAAAAAAM!!!!

Well done on getting it for such a great price! I paid about £150 shipped when I got mine back in August / September. Its a really great piece of art, only problem I ever had was loose joints, but that's easily solved.

I have to say I only ever handle mine with extreme care as its just such a wonderful and rare piece that if anything happened to it I dunno what I would do but it would probably involve freezing on the spot for a few moments followed by some choice words.

I hope you enjoy yours just as much as I do mine!

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope to find one for sale at Botcon. Congrats on getting that piece.

10. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

1st-The arm pin articulations are incredibly loose and fragile (arms fall off).
    2nd-The balljoint legs articulations are incredibly loose and the figure can't stand up on his own (legs also fall off)
    3rd-The plastic pin that connect the lower legs to the upper legs can break with ease (mine did but replaced by metal pins)
    4th-The Metallic version suffers from paint chipping on wing hinges...chipped the first time I transformed it.
    5th--- Most of the joints are loose and Fragile!!!!
    6th- The knee caps on metallic version are upside down.

If you are able to fix all this it's cool but anyways, you've got yourself a freakin awesome Cyclonus!!!
    For the loose joints, just try and apply some nail polish and let dry before inserting back.

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/improving-jizaitoys-cyclonus-wip-164297/

http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-customs/repaints-and-minor-mods-4/ptitvites-jizaitoys-cyclonus-164398/

11. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have to agree with Ptitvite. My is extremely loose on the arms and legs. If you look at it wrong it falls apart. Also my "knee cap" keeps falling off even with me reglueing it. However the thing is an amazing piece of engineering. Just for the record I have the regular non metallic version.

12. XXXG-01W

XXXG-01W A GUNDAAAAAAAAM!!!!

I have one of the original versions, not the metallic style. It's nice to know I am not the only one who had to put a metal pin in my Jiza Cyclonus' leg lol only had to do the right hand leg so far. I tried re-gluing the plastic pin but it just couldn't hack it.

I have to say when I first got my Cyclonus I was rather disappointed, it was super loose like holding a string puppet in your hands, and parts kept on falling off! Most of the joints on mine have now been 'treated' and are now nice and tight.

I have noticed on mine it looks like allot of parts have been glued but are no longer stuck, not sure if whatever was used to put the figure together in the first place dried up during transit and that's why mine fell apart like it did.

I still think for that price with a small amount of effort you've got yourself a wicked Cyclonus figure!

13. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great price! I'm so looking forward to one of my own.

Liokaiser, looks like you and I will be having a showdown if there is only one. ;) 

:duel 

I plan to distract you by screaming like a girl while running up to it and licking it. "Dibs!"

Of course you must completely forget this plan during the next two weeks.

14. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Oh dear! after hearing how loose he is I suddenly find myself deflated, you may find him being moved on very quickly if he is that delicate as fragile things and me do not mix.

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Surley this is the sort of question you ask before you shell out? :p 

16. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Impulse buy dude :) 

17. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Right now, Red Leader, if you're disappointed when it arrives, I'll buy it off you for a tenner. Promise.

18. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Well, got him this morning (seller was in the uk)

Got to say he really isnt my cup of tea, he is heavier than I thought and a really nice piece of engineering looking so much like the cartoon it takes the piss however it is delicate and I am really not an engineer by any stretch of the imagination, 10 years of consistent weight training has made sure my hands are more apt at destruction rather than model making.

He went straight back in his cotton wool box with his display and guarantee card.

By the way do any of you guys know how many were made because the serial card from Jizai says 40???

19. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Not bad at all, if you're living in the UK. Still nice pick up man :thumb 

20. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

If you're not fond of the figure, you can make a quick and tidy profit selling it to other members on the boards.