Minor/Repaint: JinSaotome inspired "S.W.A.T" Payload and Military gray Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by dyingwill3rd, Apr 9, 2008.

1. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Started these yesterday, and just finished them today. Personally, i think they're some of the best repaints i've done since G1 movie ironhide.

Attached Files:

2. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Hi. I do agree that these are some your best repaints yet. The paint does seem to be more evenly and generally better applied than some of your previous work. I'd just like to suggest the use of masking tape or decals for the labels such as the "SWAT" on the side of payload's alt mode. I think that it will go a long way toward making them more realistic.

As the cliche goes, "practice makes perfect". I've noticed that you have been churning out quite a number of repaints over the past few days. And I think that there is noticeable improvement. Good job!

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I just realized what you need for your detail aps (like lettering, etc). you need a #0 sized brush. the smaller the better, you can do better detailing, and that will also keep you from getting in a hurry and doing your detail aps in under a minute like that too.

4. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i like the SWAT label. How did you do it ? Mind to share ?

5. dyingwill3rd

To Mampy and Redline: Thanks! my painting is improving. If you were able to feel payload, he's very smooth.

To Crefigz: I used silver paint.

6. Crefigz

Crefigz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You mean just silver paint and a brush to create the SWAT label ?

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That'd be it. I'd recommend if you want to try something this, though, to Google up some reference pics, and maybe make up a stencil for the text - you can just print out the text at a good size and trim it out with a sharp knife, and it'll give you a guide to paint within. It'll let you get the text much neater.

Decent job, Will, and as the others have said, your skills are visibly improving; much smoother job. Keep it up! :thumb 

8. dyingwill3rd

i bought an allspark deluxe brawl today to become my next custom. The custom idea is one that someone put up a long time ago, but didn't finish. I'll post the work in progress pics soon.