Jin Bao OS KO Warbotron Not Bruticus Part 1 Not Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by w00t, May 5, 2017.

1. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

I will preface this review by saying this set is my first and only experience with 3rd Party or KO products. I've watched from the sidelines for years as so many awesome 3rd party Transformers and especially combiners were released but could never bring myself to spend the amounts necessary to obtain one of those amazing figures. Things seem to be changing now, newer figures are being released at relatively lower costs and knockoffs are actually worth looking at now.

With that perspective, I'll continue with my review of Jin Bao's Oversized Knock Off Warbotron Not Bruticus.

Starting with Not Onslaught-
    ONSLAUGHT01.jpg

This guy is awesome, as a CHUG collector this guy is a hulking beast but I still think he fits in well, military transport trucks should be huge right?
    onslaught09.jpg
    He feels so solid and durable when compared to Hasbro releases from the past few years. The solid construction of this figure is more similar to Beast Wars Ultra figures than with the new leader class figures. He's also quite a bit taller and heavier than they are.
    onslaught05.jpg
    His joints are all quite good, ratchets galore in all the right places, the only spots that are slightly loose on my copy are his lower elbow joints, but they are still tight enough to hold the poses I've tried to put him in.
    onslaught07.jpg
    I've got a few spots where the plastic is stressed which should be easy enough to fix with a heat gun, I'm really not worried about breakage, I think the stress is more from slightly overly tight tolerances than anything else and I think some of that stuff will loosen up over time.
    onslaught06.jpg
    A little stress on the hinge for his front windows/chest. A little stress in his hand that I caused when trying to put his guns into his hands. His hands are too tight to hold his weapons. There is a molded in protrusion in his hands that allows him to grasp the round pegs that are all of the weapon handles, this will require a little sanding or shaving so that the pegs will slide in. But with just a little work the weapons will all fit and hold very securely.

I had a little trouble getting one of his legs to extend all the way initially, it was worry-some enough that I busted out the screwdriver and disassembled the leg to check that there wasn't any major issues. I think it was a case of some of the tolerances being slightly too tight and has seemed to improve after transforming this guy a few times. It works best for me if I extend the legs until they get a little tight and then wiggle them side to side a bit as I pull to get them to lock.

The only other flaw I can really note with this thing is a design flaw that I believe is consistent with the genuine Warbotron figure. The ports on the sides of his forearms should have been molded out of one piece. Instead, half of the circle is on one piece of plastic and the other half is on another piece and those pieces split to hide his hands. Mine close fairly tightly, enough to kind of hold a gun on each forearm but I think if I used a small dab of future on the tab or hole that keeps the forearms closed together that would make the forearms hold closed tight enough that this will no longer be an issue. If that port had been molded completely on the top piece of the forearm this would be a non-issue.
    onslaught08.jpg
    Also in case anyone is wondering these ports are slightly too large to fit 5mm pegs, I'd guess they're 7-8mm holes.

I don't have any issues with the paint work for this figure, it's as good or better than anything I've ever gotten from Hasbro.

If I were to evenly split the $114 shipped this set cost my by the 5 figures that come in it then I spent Not Onslaught cost me $22.80. I think the value speaks for itself.

I will update this review if I have any unforeseen issues with this figure and will link to the rest of the set as I finish those reviews.

onslaught02.jpg onslaught03.jpg onslaught04.jpg onslaught10.jpg onslaught11.jpg onslaught12.jpg onslaught13.jpg onslaught14.jpg onslaught15.jpg onslaught16.jpg onslaught17.jpg onslaught18.jpg onslaught19.jpg onslaught20.jpg onslaught21.jpg onslaught22.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I might pick one up to be a huge version of micromaster oiler

3. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

This set is really quite good, each figure is good on their own and then the combiner is a sight to behold.

• Like Like x 2
  4. timorvitae

timorvitae Well-Known Member

Is there a store wher I can buy only Onslaught?

5. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I need a replacement part for my onslaught