Minor/Repaint: Jhiaxus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Detour, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Been working on this on-and-off for a few months.
    Custom Jhiaxus made from SWTF Emperor Palpitatingovaltine.

Pretty simple repaint job. Palpitatingovaltine here matched Jhiaxus well in robot mode, right down to proportions true to Yaniger and Galan's art.
    I kept as much of the gunmetal color as I could to balance out the brighter colors. He still looks a bit festive, but that's the G2 crew's fault and not mine. :tongue: 

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    not bad, but I must confess the g2 colors make it look like you bought a KO. I'm surprised you didn't go with his universe colors, or these, or the RID colors. I have to say that your paint applications are so well done that it really makes it look like a real KO, as I can't tell its even painted hehehe :)  So, to clarify, you did what you sought out to do so well, you pulled it off admirably. To me, my problem is with the particular version of him you chose to homage, as his colors are not only busy, but they draw the robot with mass-shifting, so the yellow cockpit area is very tiny and leaves his torso mostly white so the colors are more subdued, which is not possible with a real-world custom.

3. Whelpd

Whelpd Well-Known Member

Who is Jhiaxus, I heasr about him in he IDW spotlight comics but who is he?

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

hes a transformer.. i no more about him but not much use wikipedia.. anyway nice toy.. to bad they never made a toy of him

5. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:

Jhiaxus (in the G-2 cannon) took over leadership of the Decepticons on Cybertron during Megatrons absence.
    I don't exactly know how that actually took place or what the time line between the end of G-1 and G-2 is (Since G-2 is a Continuation of G-1 in some way...) there's a lot of gaps in the storyline and most ppl ignore G-2's placement in the official cannon.

Personally I think Classics (Toywise) is a better sequel to G-1 instead of being a retrofit of G-1. Now if only we had a good story to go with it...

6. dave-wa

dave-wa Cause i'm a Jazz man

Ebay:
    i just thought he was a head general of the cybertroian army, the new version of the decepticons. He was a tyrant until he learned to control his emotions.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Brilliant choice of mould, I've gotta say, and excellent paintjob. I must agree with Redline, though, that all that orange makes him look less realistic. Bits of it work fine, but I'd be tempted myself to leave the chest/cockpit white/grey like most of him, and just use the orange for detailing.

8. Detour

News Credits:
    http://www.tfwiki.net/wiki/Jhiaxus#Generation_2

As for the colors, well like I said I wanted to do Jhiaxus from the Generation 2 comics. So I went with those. If I wanted Jhiaxus in RID colors I would've bought the RID toy. :tongue: 

In retrospect, I probably should have kept some of his torso area white, but what's done is done I'm afraid....

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    a toy's paint can always be changed ;) 

10. Detour

News Credits:
    Hm, true, but considering the plastic quality I'm a bit worried about what cleaning products might do to it.