2D Artwork: Jetwing Prime mods

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Big Hache, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Small update on swords. These are finally moving in a direction I'm satisfied with.

The blade is not quite complete, but this is all the piece one blade will have. I've hollowed out what I can to make the volume as small as possible which also helps add detail. Also, not only does the blade have the two pegs but part of the blade fits into the hollow of the hilt, which should help stability.

Attached Files:

2. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Ummmm.... I think you and I are going to become great friends. While my approach is very different, I think the melee weapons are right up my alley for what I need. This is some very fine work here and look forward to its progression.

I highly recommend checking out my latest Radicons project (go to my profile, statistics, threads started, Ultimate Optimus thread). You are producing a lot of what I will need for my version of the ring! I about squealed when I saw your axe, and the swords.

I'm extremely interested in seeing your sketches for his abs. My plan is to scratch build, but want to avoid if possible (time factor).

Again, stunning work and planning. You remind me of myself when it comes to planning. I drag a project out making sure I have thought about every possible option. Very happy you took this project on!

3. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Wow dude. I thought my project was ambitious, but I think your ambition goes to 11. Um, yeah keep me posted. Maybe I can help you with some parts, or we can just help drive each other.

I hadn't posted a pic yet, but here's the painted smokestack I did for OP. I think this came out pretty decent considering it was printed in Shapeway's WSF (not polished). Quite a bit of sanding to get the texture more or less smooth. Nice and tight fit too. I'm very happy with this detail that replaced the rubber smokestack. Pff, safety!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    That was definitely not the intent, to hijack your thread! :)  This is all about you, Buddy! And I feel that yours is more ambitious :-D. However, you are thinking exactly what I am thinking about helping me with parts. I have PM'ed you with some collaboration proposals. Check it out when you can!

And again, amazing work.

5. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    No no it's all good. I think this is a friendly place for sharing ideas.

6. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    OK I'm feeling pretty good about this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. MoonBaseTom

MoonBaseTom Inventor of Mac'n Cheese

Ebay:
    That looks great man, can't wait to see a print!

8. capcomkai

capcomkai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    awesome stuff!!!!!do want!!!! man please keep going~~~~looking forward to see these great stuffs done!!

9. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Thanks for the great responses! I just ordered a test print so I will hopefully have that by the end of the month. One thing I noticed I forgot last night was the Cybertronian glyphs, which are on the model now. If the print checks out solid I'll go ahead and make them available.

I do add a percentage to my Shapeways models to help offset the cost of ordering test prints. What I want to do for the first week of release is offer them without that markup so anyone in the community that wants to jump on that can get it for a bit cheaper. As they stand they're about $23 USD. I'll keep everyone posted.

Attached Files:

10. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    that looks so cool that i almost pissed my pants off
    XD

11. SantaClaus

SantaClaus Well-Known Member

Wow. I like all your projects. Very accurate.
    Can't wait for the shield and axe. Trailer will be way too expensive though :( 
    And yes could you please make the rotf guns too, the ones in the scene before the forest battle when he's in the warehouse or the DOTM gun too. :) 

12. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Your stuff looks awesome! Question though, could you potentially make the smokestacks longer? They look great!

13. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! Really appreciate the comments, they help motivate me.

You and me both! Yeah I don't have delusions about the trailer. I'll be the only one with it. :) 

Sure! I will say that the length seems pretty accurate in alt mode. In robot mode they would tower over OP's head even more. "Shapeways Upload is undergoing maintenance" at the moment so I'll upload the model later. It will be marked at version B or the like as I want to keep the shorter ones too. The new version is 1cm longer, which is considerable as they're only 4.3cm to begin with.

Optimus Guns
    Appreciate the request. I did start a rough block model for DOTM. I hadn't considered ROTF so if I did that it would be after what on my plate.

DOTM Abs and Codpiece
    I've had another request for this (well, not the codpiece, but that's how DOTM Optimus rolls!) so I picked up a ROTF OP and I'll be moving forward with that for anyone else that may want to convert ROTF OP to DOTM.

14. neevnav

News Credits:
    You are awesome! I will take a look in a bit! Thanks!

15. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
  16. neevnav

News Credits:
    Beauty thanks! I'm putting in an order for those, likely the axe and a couple of FBs things!

17. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Cool, appreciate the support. If you don't already have any of FB's work, you're gonna love it!

18. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe I am seeing this wrong but the standard hand hilts make the sword point forward like ROTF and not held like a traditional sword. If so is it possible to make a standard hand hilt for a traditional held sword.

Will the swords be sold in pairs or singles? Can they be made in transparent plastic?

19. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    @mondo I see what you're saying. Yes, the standard hilt does make the sword point forward. Sure, I can make that a traditionally held sword hilt.

The plan has been to make this a kit with two swords because OP has two swords. If people want to save a few bucks and just get one sword I can set that up. If I did that I'd remove the middle hilt because I think that's specific to Jet Wing Prime and left and right are different.

Arg, transparency is not easy with Shapeways. I would need to design the sword with more pieces so that only the orange part was transparent. I took a look at the current volume for FUD and it was over $40. I'd like to get my first sample back before I looked into that more. I should have that by the 27th.

20. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I wanted to give you a sneak peak at some collaboration that Janeails22x and I are working on. He and I have similar, but yet different projects we're each working on. We've teamed forces to make killer projects for both of us and have some nice offerings for the community.

The first is Optimus' shield from DOTM. I had begun work on this but I needed to take a step back and nail down some of the details before modeling. This is the concept sketch Janeails and I have come up with. Size is yet to be determined, but aiming to keep it as much in scale with the movie but be affordable.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: