Minor/Repaint: Jetstorm repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ServO, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Heya team,
    Well, it has been a busy Christmas/New Years, and I've been putzing with a few little projects.
    Recently a good friend of mine was cleaning out his basement and he found a Transformer he was not familiar with, so he gave it to me. It was a Beast Machines Jetstorm. I did not have any experience with Beast Machines, and I had always thought the toys were kind of goofy looking, but I added the fig to my collection. There was something very familiar about the figure to me, and I decided that it's bird like design (especially the head) favored Laserbeak a bit. I tracked another Jetstorm down on Ebay for like $4 and then re-painted him into some Laserbeak colors...I modded the "jetpacks" with jet nozzles, vertical stabalizers and laser cannons as a nod to the G1 fig. we all love. Nothing drastic here, but he looks nice parked next to Jetstorm.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's pretty sweet yo. You got bot mode pics? Seems the yellow original colors could be Buzzsaw. Nice additions to the figure too

3. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It looks great! I love the nods to G1 Laserbeak. Especially the guns/thrusters. Have you thought about painting the blue plastic black? With the red paint apps, which look great by the way, it would look even more like Laserbeak IMO. Either way, I like it a lot.

Keep up the good work!

Oh and yeah, bot mode pics plz!

4. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Thanks you guys!
    I had considered painting the blue/green areas black, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it...
    Bot pics will happen after I go to Toys-R-Us and pick up the BSG figure I need for his hands!