jetfire's death

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jordo02, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

does anyone know when he dies?
    i just kind of thought of this....sorry from the randomness, it was just bothering me.

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Which Jetfire? Are you talking about Skyfire from G1, or Jetfire from Armada/Energon/Cybertron?

3. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

G1, my bad.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Don't think he died in the cartoon. Can't remember if he did in the marvel comic or not, but I think every character died at least once in that thing.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    You might be able to say he died between episodes 7 and 9,
    or at least the autobots left him for dead.

He never actually died in the cartoon, he just stopped showing up after awhile. Same thing happened to a number of other 'bots.

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skyfire would go on to make semi-regular appearances in the immediate future, helping the Autobots evacuate their base when the volcano it was embedded in became active, and flying a squad of troops to battle the Insecticons. His last appearance came early in the show's second season, when he and most of the other Autobots were corrupted by the Decepticons into attacking human military installations. Freed from the evil control by Jazz, he then flew Optimus Prime into space to put a stop to the Decepticons' plans for a satellite.

After this point, Skyfire was phased out of the show, though his animation model did appear once more, in jet mode in the episode, "Dark Awakening," where he was destroyed - but it is not clear if this was intended to actually be Skyfire, or if it was a ship that simply reused his design. The rear of his robot mode could also be later glimpsed in a crowd scene in one episode of the Japanese-exclusive series, Transformers: The Headmasters

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    comic
    Jetfire was constructed by Shockwave on Earth to be one of his new Decepticon troops, given life through the powers of the Creation Matrix, tapped from the captive Autobot leader, Optimus Prime. However, before Shockwave could accomplish this, Prime transferred the Matrix into the mind of the Autobots' human ally, Buster Witwicky. Shockwave programmed Jetfire's lifeless shell to recover Buster, but Buster was able to use the Matrix to disassemble Jetfire before he could accomplish his goal. Buster then reconstructed Jetfire and used him to rescue Optimus Prime, who infused Jetfire with true life.

Immediately after this - in the U.K.'s sister Transformers comic series, which interspliced its own original material between reprints of the US Marvel title - Jetfire participated in the "Dinobot Hunt," helping to track down the rogue Dinobots, who were running wild across America. Still bearing the Decepticon insignia Shockwave had stamped him with, Jetfire was not trusted by Ironhide until he saved him from the deranged Slag, proving his Autobot loyalty. Subsequently, in the U.S. title, he underwent the Rite of Autobrand and was branded with the Autobot insignia at last.

Jetfire went on to perform few significant actions in the future (although he did serve as the Autobots' acting leader against Galvatron in the Target:2006 storyline), but was clearly thoroughly accepted into the Autobots, as his was one of the small number of voices heard when a new Autobot leader had to be chosen, and Dinobot leader Grimlock was elected.

A story called The Gift in issue 93 of the Marvel U.K. comics explored Jetfire's problems fitting in with the other Autobots. Wheeljack informed Optimus Prime of a news cast where they learned the Decepticons had taken over a NASA space monitoring facility near the Ark. Prowl and Trailbreaker, with Jetfire as backup engaged the Decepticons Soundwave, Kickback and Dirge as the Decepticons attempted to contact Cybertron with the facility's deep space radio equipment. Although Prowl ordered Jetfire to stop Soundwave from sending his message, Jetfire ignored the order to help save Prowl from Kickback's attack. With the transmission sent the Decepticons retreated victorious. Jetfire then accompanied Jazz to a Blackrock fuel plant to oversee the creation of more fuel for the Autobots. The plant was attacked by Decepticons Thrust and Bombshell. Although Jetfire was able to put out a fire at the plant before it exploded, he blamed himself for being slow to react. Jetfire then visited Buster Witwicky on Christmas Eve and tell him of his troubles of not fitting in with the Cybertronian-made Autobots. Buster encouraged the young Autobot by telling him he's the first of a new generation of Earth-made Autobots and he should be proud of what he is.

In issue US#27, "King of the Hill!", Perceptor summoned his fellow Autobots Blaster, Hot Spot, Jetfire, Omega Supreme, Ratchet and Silverbolt in order to decide who should take leadership of the Autobots. After an attack by the giant Decepticon Trypticon the leader was chosen - Grimlock.

Sometime later, Jetfire was among the Transformers who attempted to defend New York from the cosmically-powered Starscream, only to be deactivated alongside everyone else. Unlike most of Starscream's victims, there was no indication that he was revived through the power of Nucleon.

8. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    You know there are more... entertaining sources for TF information than Wikipedia.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Note that a couple of the Aerialbots were blown up there, too, and all five of them were still alive and well in Rebirth.

10. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was pretty acurate..

11. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Yeah, but Wiki does it without "hilarious" gay jokes.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They also died along with the Throttlebots in Headmasters later on, only to show up alive and well later in the series.

The guys just don't stay dead.

13. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

If you're including it, he ALSO died in the last issue(6) of Dreamwave's "Sunstorm" saga. I think. He certainly blew up. Poor Jetfire.

14. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Jetfire (G1) - Transformers Wiki
    Odd, I don't see a single gay joke on the article.
    Captions aside I don't even see any humor in the article. It's incredibly informative through and through.
    I don't see where you're getting the "hilarious gay jokes" from.

15. Silent_Magnus

News Credits:
    In regards to jokes outside the captions:
    There is that short "Fire on the Mountin" joke, but does that really get in the way of learning about Jetfire?

16. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I was referring to the wiki as a whole, not that specific article.

17. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Haven't really seen many gay jokes anywhere else either.
    I'm afraid you have me at a loss there.