Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SkyfiRe71, Mar 19, 2012.

1. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Hi everyone! It's been a while.

Got home from college this weekend and at some point stumbled upon my ROTF Leader Jetfire box. I noticed how strikingly different the head design on the box was from the final render used in the movie.

It also reminded me of an old discussion one of my friends and I had before the movie came out.

If they had gone with the sleeker, and more serious and powerful model for Jetfire (somewhat like in the comic) what would you all have thought about having James Earl Jones voice him?

My friend and I loved the idea, and thought he could have done a fine job, especially if the voice render was reminiscent of those he did for the characters of Darth Vader and Mufasa.

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

It would have certainly been a very interesting voice and representation of Jetfire, especially if he supposed to be a great mentor or warrior like Scavenger in Armada.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

While I do like the idea, I think it isn't as good as ROTF-Jetfire, what I thought it was so wonderful about ROTF-Jetfire was precisely that he could range from a deranged old man to a noble warrior in the span of ten seconds, that's what made him interesting, he was unpredictable in his personality, and could both amuse us with laughs ["MY FATHER, WELL, HE WAS A WHEEL! [..]"], epic moments ["And he forever was...The Fallen!"], badass moments ["Let me show you how we brought the pain in my day!"] and sad moments ["I never did one single thing worth doing until now...Optimus, take my parts, fulfill...your destiny."], he was just wonderful.

Now don't get me wrong, James Earl Jones is a GOD amongst men, but he'd just do what he always does: Deep-voiced wise character, which would be very interesting to see, just not as much as the Jetfire we got.

I also think Mark Ryan deserved some spotlight, I pray we'll see him again in Transformers.

Now James Earl Jones could be Straxus further on...

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nah I like Mark Ryan's voice for Jetfire. James Earl Jones while glorious just doesn't suit the cranky and crazy old blackbird with a cane.