Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    although i havent seen/heard much about him on Animated boards, i kinda would like to see him in a future episode, like in a season other than these 2. maybe have his origin be like from G1-have the Decepticons find him in ice, he joins them for whatever reason, thinking they are the good guys. but then, after seeing a few fights or whatever, he changes sides and joins the Autobots, thus giving them a temporary companion, and a rather helpful one as well-he could actually fly!

i just thought it would be nice to have a flying Autobot, and Jetfire could be an interesting choice.

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, he's an interesting character, and I'm sure he'd look spectacular in animated.

side note:
    classics Jetfire was very close to being my favorite transformer ever....the leg-waist articulation knocked it down a few pegs unfortunately.

3. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Jetfire is definatly a character I would have liked to have seen in Animated.

4. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    If he is in animated I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him resembling the new VF-25 from Macross Frontier.

5. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Considering how popular Jetfire is, I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up eventually. However, I don't think I'd want to see a repeat of the G1 episodes. I'm sure an alternate origin for our futuristic scientist wouldn't go amiss.

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Agree with Glitcher on all points, though it would be interesting if he still had backstory with Starscream.

Torque - as far as flying Autobots go (for me) the order of cool goes: Powerglide, Slingshot, Jetfire, Whirl, ... Pipes with a jetpack, Wheelie handgliding, GoBot Leader-1, a kitebot I just imagined, Springer.

7. Thundersmacker

Thundersmacker More then meets the lie

I've never really liked Jetfire, as a Decepiticon-apologist he always seemed rather weak to me. Granted, the Autobots would gain an ally which would arguably even the strategic odds, but they would also gain a rather bland character. Then again, Autobot flyers have never shown the confidence and vigour in the air which comes natural to a Decepticon. I say Jetfire in animated, he would make great Decepticon target practice.

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if Jetfire was an angry Autobot scientist from the Elite Guard who runs out of fuel and ends up on earth only because he is lost. Ratchet with wings basically.

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Jetfire becomes Silverbolt as Prowl's former Friend that was beat up by the Seacons and walk to Alpha Trion to rebuild him as a Fuzor Wolf/Falon.

10. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

Since Jetfire is my favorite figure I would love to see what the animated team would do with him.

11. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

And he would allow the TeeHefAy writing staff a Macross joke.

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    We need Jetfire in animated, he can be an experto soldier which the decepticons fear.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that keeping the autobots out of the air really helps the under dog aspect of the fights. Dont get me wrong I like jetfire espcially in recent DW/Idw comics but i just dont think animated is the home for him. Focus on characters that havent been updated at all. Trailbreaker, Brawn, Windcharger, Gears, Tracks (and yes i'm not counting alternators)

14. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    If they do decide to bring Jetfire to Animated, he'll most likely be an Allspark creation, like the Dinobots. There's been no mention of any Autobots with the ability to fly, yet.

Though I would like him to have history with Starscream, that really hasn't been the precedent in recent years.

15. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I never cared for G1 jetfire... He was a massive plot boulder that becoming an autobot 'lifted' the barrier of traveling to distant areas and flight. He was basically the equivalent of "Mom's Mini-van" for the autobots...

And he was promptly replaced by Omega Supreme for "TFs in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace" episodes. And with the good chance of OMEGA space "mini-van"

I would hate for him to return as "TOKEN FLYING AUTOBOTZ", I always thought that he was much more appealing as a 'military grade' cybertronian crossing the lines of society to be a scientist and eventually an autobot. Basically a character who associated with decepticons before the great wars but had to choose a different path than his former friends.

I would much rather see Waspinator and Blurr and Swindle fleshed out before Jetfire... And that is good because we seem to be getting those toys!

16. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Would be interesting to see. Jetfire/Skyfire is one of my favorite TFs, so I'd love to see him in Animated form.

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree.
    Jetfire is my favorite figure and it would be a shame if he didn't get included...

18. Lord Gravestorm

Lord Gravestorm Fallout 3 Frenzy

I'd find it interesting if Jetfire was a explorer, travelling through space, when he suddenly finds a planet he finds interesting. While checking the surface of the planet, he sees the Autobots and Decepticons fighting eachother.

He notices Starscream, as someone he knows from earlier in his life, but can't get a clear hold of how he knows Starscream.

Thus he comes closer, and gets attacked by the Decepticons. Optimus and the Bots come to Jetfire's aid, and chases the Cons away, then explaining the situation to Jetfire.
    Jetfire would hang around a few 3-5 episodes, until he had enough information about Earth.
    Then he would take off, taking his fond farewells until they meet again (to make a revisit of his character later on, in later episodes and seasons)

That's how I'd like his entry into the series to be, somewhat around that.

19. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hmm. Jetfire would be cool..

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Wow. Now that would be a figure that would rise to the top of my 'must have now!' list. Those things look awesome!