Jetfire Parts responsible for Prime's strength in Dotm

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Opticris Prime, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Opticris Prime

Opticris Prime Well-Known Member

I wondering if anybody was wondering if Optimus' strength in Dotm was due to Optimus the essential parts of the Jetfire Armor to fortify his Chest for Matrix protection and Body Strength but taking what was necessary to prevent bulkiness for battle mobility. Any Thoughts

2. captain america

captain america Well-Known Member

He who carries the Matrix Of Leadership within him cannot be defeated.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I would guess that everything left of Jetfire is in Egypt. Prime's strength is probably just natural. With maybe a little help from the Matrix. Prime always seems to kill Decepticons with ease. Sentinel has been the only person so far who has kicked the slag out of Optimus. Primes might have more strength than normal bots.

4. Opticris Prime

I thought the Optimus/Sentinel fight was pretty even although Sentinel did call for help like true heel.

5. Jingoku

Jingoku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime has just been over-powered by the filmmakers. That is all. Remember the even fight he had with Megatron in the first Movie? Then comes the sequel and he takes on Starscream, Grindor and Megatron all by himself. Overall, Decepticons got gimped. Starscream, who was pretty much death from above in the first Movie, got turned into a headless chicken in DOTM.

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the explanation for that was that he held himself back do to the people in the vicinity.

Then again Megatron wasn't con he was after he got zapped dead the first time.

7. Opticris Prime

In the first movie, Prime seemed to be more concerned with taking in the allspark on his chest thus committing suicide to end the war. I believe he held back against Megatron truly to not completey hurt his "Brother".

8. Jingoku

News Credits:
    That's another thing I'm disappointed with. Prime in the first Movie still had some sort of compassion for his enemies. In ROTF and DOTM, he's pretty much the Punisher.

9. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I agree with Jingoku, Prime is way too strong.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

so "way too strong" means getting your ass kicked by Sentinel? Okay then.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Jetfire's parts have nothing to do with any of the events in DOTM.

Bonecrusher's severed head would like to have a word with you.

12. kuhlio

kuhlio Well-Known Member

I just figured that they took the jetfire parts and created the trailer out of them. I figured that made the most sense. I do feel that he did change his fighting motifs a bit... i.e. the final fight, but honestly that may have been the difference between the fights. And look at the movie (OG)... when prime got all poed he went apes and plowed through all those decepts on the way to megatron in autobot city. I am not saying that he couldnt fight this way... I am saying he could, he just has been holding back for no other reason than compassion for his enemy... he just finally lets it all loose in dark of the moon.

13. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

What are you talking about, they fought for a while before Sentinel got the advantage. Sentinel was the one who called for help.

I think Sentinel went full on while Optimus just tried to take him down while talking to him, he thought he could get Sentinel to regain his senses.

14. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

Ehm... Optimus got help too, you know. The other Autobots were attacking Sentinel at the same time. They both had help from others. Sentinel was still stronger, though not by much.

The only time that Optimus didn't have any kind of chance was in the first movie against Megatron. Boy, did he get his ass handed to him.

15. Overlord Balder

As a guy said, Optimus also had his back-up on Chicago [who were like...THE WHOLE GODDAMN AUTOBOT ARMY].

Sentinel just plain off-hand backhand them all and ripped off one of Optimus' arms, leaving him his mercy.
    I think that counts as "having your ass kicked".

Same thing in Washington, where within three seconds, Sentinel was with his spear-thing on Optimus' neck.

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Don't forget Megatron. In the first movie, Prime was tossed around like a toy.

17. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

Clearly, Optimus and Sentinal had an ongoing fight over 5 minutes at least. If you call that Optimus getting the smackdown and Sentinal being the better fighter that's just wrong. Sentinal at the end had a hit advantage which disarmed Optimus of his swords. Sentinal had a shield for blocking, Optimus didn't. Sentinal had better equipment. Now it would probably be a different outcome if both of them had the same equipment as Optimus had his shield in the beginning.

But Sentinal has more fighting experience, and much older than Optimus.

In the cartoons Sentinal would get destroyed by Optimus any day of the week. Take credit where it's given. You act like Optimus is weaker and inferior to Sentinal.

18. Overlord Balder

In Washington of Chicago?

I do think Sentinel is a better fighter: Optimus would at most barely match Sentinel, at worst, lose his arm and be at his mercy.

He disarmed Optimus, that's a really freaking big twist.

Still, he effortlessly smacked Optimus around in Washington [in Chicago was more of a matched fight] but in Washington? A flick of Sentinel's wrist and Optimus was at his mercy, he didn't even use the shield if I recall well.

We'll never know.

Exactly.

In the cartoons, Sentinel was a douchebag [Animated] or a nameless character [G1].
    Here he is Leonard Nimoy.

I just think Sentinel was a better fighter than Optimus [Optimus is not that far, granted], the dude fought off Optimus, The Wreckers and Bumblebee at the same time [and that's because I don't remember if Ratchet, Sideswipe and Dino were in the fight], he deserves some reognition.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    He is possessed of a berzerker's rage and an undying hate for all. This is his strength, and it shall only grow with time.

20. Jingoku

News Credits:
    I think we've found out the twist for the 2nd Trilogy. Prime is going to turn into Galvatron.