jetfire/jetstorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by the man, Mar 25, 2009.

1. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

well i've been saving my money up for some things...(laptop, ipod replasement, phone replacement...) and i've finally stumbled apon some good animated figures, jetfire/jetstorm spicifically, are they too good to miss, or should i skip them?

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I like them cause they combine. i've only been collecting for a year and a half and the are my first combiners. Individually the robot modes aren't "all that and a bag of chips". Together they are cool, just cause they combine. Planes modes are ok, combined plane mode sucks. I like them, but they are not great. I say their worth 20 if your collecting animated, and if animated isn't your thing i say pass. And maybe when i see them in an episode i'll really like them, but their just ok as it is now.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i love them personally, they are just a lot of fun to fiddle with

4. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

They are fun to play with, but they also seem like the least amount of time was used to develop the toys out of all the TFA line.

~Kiyoshi

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I enjoy them but, they aren't as good as many other animated figures.

6. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I agree with this. There's a LOT of different poses and transformations you can do with the two, including a Valkyrie configuration, and several others. The Safeguard mode is the best and really looks good.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I certainly wouldn't lump them in the "too good to miss" category. I'm glad I have them, but they're not the creme of my Animated collection by any stretch. While it does what it's advertised to do, it doesn't do any of them exceptionally well IMHO.

The Individual robots look nice, and have adequate articulation, but the small and somewhat feeble hands and the shoulder balljoints/swivel pegs leave more to be desired.

The Jets are again nice and different from what we're used to getting, with a nice starfighter look to them, complete with opening cockpits, but they again suffer from obvious leg syndrome and the hips/legs don't connect real well to the rest of the fuselage.

The combined Jet mode is almost a "Hey, look what we can do with it!" attempt.

The Gestalt is a nice transformation, but it's limited. There's no head articulation, the backpack can be difficult to get it to pose just right, and the ball jointed shoulders and hips are due to their natures, finnicky. It's difficult to get certain poses out of them.

So, yeah, it's not a disasterous toy that makes me wonder why the hell I bought it (Movie Starscream!), but it's far from the best ever. However, it is great hand candy, and they actually do have a fun transformation between the modes. I have a feeling that with time, it'll grow on me. (I just got 'em last week)

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *looks at Safeguard*

You're fucking kidding right?

Anyways I personally really really like the twins. Some of my favorite deluxes of the line (probably just behind Blurr, who is my favorite). They have great personality, and are a ton of fun to just fiddle with. Their jet (separate and combined) modes are kinda meh, but their robot modes (separate and combined) are awesome.

Totally worth it.

9. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

It's a little weird... in that, they are not awesome.. but in their own uniqueness, they are awesome... if you get what I mean. :D 

I would get them.