Jetblade - Hunt for the Decepticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by CyberShadow, Aug 10, 2010.

1. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was going to leave a feedback comment in his thread... but was surprised that I couldnt find one.... So, here it is.

Jetblade is a repaint of RotF Dirge.

Alt Mode

He is clearly inspired by a Harrier, but seems to be a cartoony version. The entire jet seems exaggerated a bit, and stylised. He works in this mode quite well, but wont fool anyone that he is a 'real' aircraft. There are some bits of kibble in this mode, like hip sections hung under the wings and a false cockpit underslung, and he doesnt have clean lines, but its not too bad. I would have liked support legs on the end of the wings.

Robot Mode

The robot mode is certainly different. First, the obvious. He has an aircraft nose and cockpit as his right arm. This really puts some people off, but it has grown on me a bit and really isnt as bad in reality as it looks.

Probably the biggest complaint that I have about him is due to him being a Seeker repaint. As Jetblade, he has no need for a pointless small, additional and false cockpit on his chest.

Transformation

This is where he shines for me. The transformation is very interesting and unique. He is one of those figures where you look at the jet mode and try to work out exactly where the robot parts are, then unclip a panel to check that you are right.

I found the transformation fun and rewarding.

Deco/Colours

In baby blue and purple, he looks more like an Autobot to me. But, the colours are well placed and well chosen. He is coherent without being boring.

Features and Gimmicks

He has twisty nipples. It doesnt detract from the figure, and kind of works, but isnt really a selling point.

Conclusion

Rating: £12

(I am starting to rate figures based on the maximum price I would pay in the store and feel that it was worth it.)

Jetblade is a figure for those who like to mess with their figures. He is not great as a display piece, but an interesting transformation makes him a worthwhile purchase to me.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    As I'm sure you know the colours are much better in person - I was initially put off by them but when I saw it in person I picked it up despite already owning Dirge.

3. SLAYERBOT13

SLAYERBOT13 MASTER OF DESTRUCTION

Love dirge and jetblade. Jetblade has a real rubbery nose compared to dirge though. The paint on jetblade is real nice and glossy too. I would recommend him to the whole world. I just love this mold. Its definately differant. And u can mount the launchers on his arms which is pretty cool, and the legs wings.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Just got Jetblade recently. I like him a lot; This mold may not be the prettiest robot mode out there, and the launchers are kind of awkward in the arms, but it's still a lot of fun.

This toy makes up for any negative points in how fun it is to transform: it's truly a great transformation both ways, and the Jet mode is gorgeous.

5. Starscweam

Starscweam Well-Known Member

Finally some appreciation for this unloved figure. This is one of those things where the repaint shines brighter than the original imo.

6. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This thread not breaking past page one in almost a year is no surprise, all the feedback you need is currently warming every peg in every retailer in the country.